Pop and crackle on multi tune

Bhock4

Hi just wondering if it’s possible and how to have a pop and crackle tune be enabled by holding down the cruise control button and just be able to select say tune 1 to have the ghost cam activate and then be able to turn it off? 

On 5/28/2023 at 12:56 AM, Bhock4 said:

Hi just wondering if it’s possible and how to have a pop and crackle tune be enabled by holding down the cruise control button and just be able to select say tune 1 to have the ghost cam activate and then be able to turn it off? 

There are 10 tune slots (5 per fuel base). 4 of which are tunes you select, 1 is a momentary tune activated when launch control is activated. You could simply set the ghost cam to tune2, then the launch control tune slot to do your pop n crackle etc.

• Like 1

Haha I've literally never chosen to have the 2 fuel types when setting up the custom os. I just set one up for s and g and now I know there are a bunch more tunable areas. Haha you'd think I would have known this for years but I never set it up like that as I have been a slacker and not set up flex fuel for my car.

43 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Haha I've literally never chosen to have the 2 fuel types when setting up the custom os. I just set one up for s and g and now I know there are a bunch more tunable areas. Haha you'd think I would have known this for years but I never set it up like that as I have been a slacker and not set up flex fuel for my car.

You don't have to use them for fuel either. You can set the stoich column to be fixed then simply have 10 tune slots, or use the flex input for infinitely variable boost, water meth, nitrous or any other weird and wacky combinations you can think of. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

That would be cool to have a boost dial in the cabin combined with a 4 port boost solenoid. Some of the boost all the way up to all of the boost!

I've done all sorts of weird things just to see what effects live changes have. Like fun 0.6 lambda on decel and watch the estimated cat temp drop from 1400f to 700f in a few seconds (in a mustang) 

You can use the bimodal exhaust on he miamis as well to control various things as well. 

Try setting your dwell time to 0us above 3k, it's basically an ignition cut. 

3 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Try setting your dwell time to 0us above 3k, it's basically an ignition cut.

Ok idea time...a box that intercepts the can message for an zf6 upshift, it then does a brief map switch using the rear O2 sensor input to give adjustable ignition cut or even a spark cut rev limiter for pre FG vehicles. If upshift is detected (within set rpm range) change dwell time to 0us for X ms, if rpm exceeds value set dwell time to 0us ms until rpm drops to xxxxrpm. Something like that.

It would be easier to write custom pcm code. We want to do c code for the power pc to allow copperhead support (11-14 mustang and f150). Realistically this is a half a million dollar endeavour in development though, we aren't going to recoup that on a BF only zf mod. Though if we do copperhead support this may justify back porting it to the falcon to add things like this. 

Probably your best option is transplanting a ZF tcm/pcm and associated modules. 

Writing asm code is incredibly difficult which is why we haven't done any further mods for the Falcon custom os.

We (not our tuners) would love spark cut for the Falcon for gimmicks, though all the workshops say no due to the damage it causes valve trains, turbos and exhausts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...