stock file

will15

It says could not download the following stock file 8r29-7j105-cd . Its in a fg xr6 and some one has swap computers and the tune is all over the place plus the ICC is not working any more. I think its not the right ecu and they have created a new file with A8RG and flashed it in. The tear tag has pcm 8r29-14c204-arg    tcm 8r29-7z369-cc 

7 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

They are not the tear tags.

The tear tag is A8RG or use the strategy like HACCKGA. The TCM will download automatically if we know about it. If the TCM is different then use "Create Stock File From Existing File"

It is possible that we truly don't have the stock TCM file, however we have the majority of them.

Just now, will15 said:

The tear tag is A8RG or use the strategy like HACCKGA. The TCM will download automatically if we know about it. If the TCM is different then use "Create Stock File From Existing File"

It is possible that we truly don't have the stock TCM file, however we have the majority of them.

Expand  

I have used the a8rg to create a stock file but it has weird stuff in it like the wrong diff ratio and transfer case. Sorry I never have had to use a tear tag to create a file, is it a file that is %100 for that car?

4 minutes ago, Whiteford said:

The only way to be sure of the correct strategy for this vehicle is to look at the drivers door jam and identify the TEARTAG from the label.

I have done that which code are supposed to use there is letters and numbers every where

8 hours ago, Whiteford said:

A8RG is the teartag.

8R29-14C204-ARG is the PCM strategy. HAEDGR2 is also another name for the PCM strategy but its the same thing.

8R29-7J105-CH is the ZF strategy that is suited to 8R29-14C204-ARG.

A8RG will create a stock file but it doesn’t look right (wrong diff ratio and stuff like transfer case enabled) and 8R29-14c204-ARG won’t create a file. Where did you get the HAEDGR2 strategy from?, I will try that.

7 hours ago, will15 said:

A8RG will create a stock file but it doesn’t look right (wrong diff ratio and stuff like transfer case enabled) and 8R29-14c204-ARG won’t create a file. Where did you get the HAEDGR2 strategy from?, I will try that.

There is no such thing as a stock VID block. All stock files have empty VID blocks as this is dependent on how the car was delivered. If you don't have a stock read of a vehicle with the correct VID block information this is unrecoverable and you will have to figure it out by comparing to similar vehicles.

• Like 1