Zf relearn procedure on rebuilt transmission

Rusty

For those running, or that tune or build ZF boxes is there a way around the relearning procedure on a fresh trans

Or you simply have to do 1000+ Easy kays at light loads till the new box adapts to the heavy duty clutch packs?

Also does the zf tune have to be stock while doing it or can a percentage of the torque limiting be turned down? 

cheers 

4 hours ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

Hi Rusty, for PCMTec customers with the Workshop version there is a procedure we show them that allows them to reset the adaptive learning. 

I will let others answer the second method.

Thanks Darryl, 

Im reading that even after resetting the adaptive learning in the box, they still need quite a bit of run in time to adjust with a zf and new clutch packs before driving hard. 
cheers 

8 hours ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

Hi Rusty, for PCMTec customers with the Workshop version there is a procedure we show them that allows them to reset the adaptive learning. 

Hi Darryl, will the Workshop procedure be added to the Workshop Discussion section or is it made available upon request?

2 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Thanks Roland, I have read this topic & forgot the function was only available for customers with the workshop version.

When Darryl said ^^^^^^ "there is a procedure we show them", I thought there was a new development that wasn't published on the forum.