Different AFR readings on left and right bank of FG XR8

john.z

The drivers side runs leaner than the passenger side. Closed loop mostly corrects it, but closed loop disabled or full load i can see a difference as big as .15-.2 Lambda.  I have ruled out my wide band sensors (switched sides, recalibrated etc), new 02 sensors didnt help (actually made it worse at idle) and the effect is the same on different injectors. is there a way to correct this?

Checked fuel rails when I changed out the injectors and reg, car is a daily so always fresh fuel flowing. As for leaks, I’ve checked multiple times and come up with nothing, intake gaskets look fine, exhaust has no leaks. Got me stumped 

Honestly I never noticed it until I fitted the wide band. The car ran perfect. Even with cams it idles great, never stalls (manual) never hesitates and it’s power and torque is greater than others I’ve seen. Fuel economy is great. 
I fitted new o2 sensors the other day and it turned to crap, drivers side was running 17-19 afr at idle and it would stumble. Put the factory ones back in and it went back to how it was

1 hour ago, lukapuka said:

I had this problem after fitting catch cans to the rocker covers. The rubber seal on rocker cover had split on the pcv side and was sucking air in.

My catch can vents into the boot before the throttle body, so not the case for me 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

For reference I found the problem, a common problem for the 5.4’s. Due to the drivers side secondary tensioner tensioning the wrong side of the chain, timing can vary a few degrees, causing a different AFR for that side. Flipped tensioner and decreeing the cams solves the problem. 

• Like 3