Trans (Australian Specific) Enables Feature "A" to 'E' in transmission strategy

Bill

Does anyone know what Trans (Australian Specific) Features "A" to "E" are?

auF1052 Enables Feature "A" in transmission strategy

auF1137 Enables Feature "B" in transmission strategy

auF1065 Enables Feature "C" in transmission strategy

auF2115 Enables Feature "D" in transmission strategy

auF1641 Enables Feature "E" in transmission strategy.......this is the main one I'm looking for info on at the minute but it would be great to have info on all

1 minute ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

If you ever find out I'm curious as well. 

Hopefully someone has some info for both of us. I've noticed that the scalars appear in BA & BF strategies but the couple of FG strategies I just looked at, there's no reference to them 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Why do you want to know? Have you tried turning them on and off? 

I've been asked and/or offered to help with a couple of BF na to turbo conversions that have resulted in ABS mismatches after the owners used a turbo pcm & didn't want to swap ABS modules. I was able to find a solution for a BF na Fairmont converted to turbo using a BF Turbo pcm, T56 & original na ABS/DSC module but the same settings don't work with the ZF6. We've tried changing a few other things that are different that we thought might work & I'm comparing BF na & turbo strategies, noting down differences that make some sense when looked at ie engine config, others that I consider to be possibilities & ones like the trans features we know nothing about.

auF1641 is one setting that hasn't been tried yet but is set to 1 in every BF na ZF6 strategy I've looked at but is 0 in every BF ZF6 turbo strategy I've looked at. Possibly unrelated but it's just one of the differences & possibilities. I'm going to go back & look at the final T56 strategy again too in case there was something changed there that I have forgotten or missed.

If I had a suitable car locally, I could try all the combinations till I could find a solution that works, if there is one. It gets a little more difficult when someone sends you their file or you give them options to try. You would know, it's hard to don't know if your instructions have been followed in every instance.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I had a suitable car locally, I could try all the combinations till I could find a solution that works, if there is one. It gets a little more difficult when someone sends you their file or you give them options to try. You would know, it's hard to don't know if your instructions have been followed in every instance.

Yep, if can't get teamviewer access to the car then it usually becomes too hard. 

Good work comparing all the files, if there are some other scalars you want to know about let me know. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Yep, if can't get teamviewer access to the car then it usually becomes too hard. 

Good work comparing all the files, if there are some other scalars you want to know about let me know. 

Thanks Roland. I'll let you know if there's any more questions

1 hour ago, Whiteford said:

image.thumb.png.59ef4c6ca007e9737d1f5d3eff25b6f6.png

Found this in the workshop manual, not 100% sure its related though.

Thanks Jack, I'll have a closer look at the manual too. It does look like it might be related. Some strategies have very few features enabled while some have a lot.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Thanks Jack, I'll have a closer look at the manual too. It does look like it might be related. Some strategies have very few features enabled while some have a lot.

Try turning all the features off and see if you lose sport mode or kickdown etc. That might give you some ideas. We never really went very far into the BTR assembly code so we haven't got much we can add here. I find the best way to figure a lot of these things out is good old trial and error with putting stupid numbers in and seeing what happens (make sure its a safe environment).

2 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Try turning all the features off and see if you lose sport mode or kickdown etc. That might give you some ideas. We never really went very far into the BTR assembly code so we haven't got much we can add here. I find the best way to figure a lot of these things out is good old trial and error with putting stupid numbers in and seeing what happens (make sure its a safe environment).

Here's a comparison between BF NA, Turbo & XR8. For each variant, every strategy checked shows the same values as below.

• The only thing in common is Feature "B".
  • The XR8 has all except Feature "E" enabled.
  • The XR8 also has a value for Pedal Range for Scaling where the others have no value.
  • The BF XR8 uses the same ABS module as the BF turbo & neither have Feature "E" enabled.

It's an interesting comparison which probably raises more questions than it answers. As far as testing goes, there's some things that I might switch & test while stationary & others will be left until I can find a dedicated test car.

image.thumb.png.e695f69cb0dbca2d454ad0b80fb5d7eb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:46 AM, Bill said:

I've been asked and/or offered to help with a couple of BF na to turbo conversions that have resulted in ABS mismatches after the owners used a turbo pcm & didn't want to swap ABS modules. I was able to find a solution for a BF na Fairmont converted to turbo using a BF Turbo pcm, T56 & original na ABS/DSC module but the same settings don't work with the ZF6. We've tried changing a few other things that are different that we thought might work & I'm comparing BF na & turbo strategies, noting down differences that make some sense when looked at ie engine config, others that I consider to be possibilities & ones like the trans features we know nothing about.

auF1641 is one setting that hasn't been tried yet but is set to 1 in every BF na ZF6 strategy I've looked at but is 0 in every BF ZF6 turbo strategy I've looked at. Possibly unrelated but it's just one of the differences & possibilities. I'm going to go back & look at the final T56 strategy again too in case there was something changed there that I have forgotten or missed.

If I had a suitable car locally, I could try all the combinations till I could find a solution that works, if there is one. It gets a little more difficult when someone sends you their file or you give them options to try. You would know, it's hard to don't know if your instructions have been followed in every instance.

i have a bf2 n zf combo in a r31. i had to get a canbarra to emulate ABS otherwise the trans would go into failmode.

I played with everything i thought reasonable to get around this, without success. i didn't play with the above mentioned settings.

nigel told me you could byass this in fg ones but not bf ones.

do you want me to test something that might help?

On 8/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, BeerTurbo said:

do you want me to test something that might help?

Thanks for the offer. I'll have to get back to you when I've had some time to go back over the files. It's been a bit chaotic here the last week or so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Bill said:

Thanks for the offer. I'll have to get back to you when I've had some time to go back over the files. It's been a bit chaotic here the last week or so.

hi bill,

im chasing an issue where my zf holds 1st gear...so i played with the E trans setting, turning it off... ive driven the car a couple of times since and noticed no change. 

what changes were you hoping for?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

hi bill,

im chasing an issue where my zf holds 1st gear...so i played with the E trans setting, turning it off... ive driven the car a couple of times since and noticed no change. 

what changes were you hoping for?

Hi BeerTurbo, I've been looking at the differences between BF na & turbo strategies to see if I can find what triggers the mismatch with the na ABS module when a turbo PCM is used eg Fairmont with na ABS/TCS/DSC module & turbo pcm.

I was able to help find a solution when a T56 was used in a Fairmont with turbo pcm but testing on a ZF6 vehicle stalled. I'm hoping to find a na vehicle locally to fit a spare turbo pcm I have & continue testing or even get a na ABS module & bench test with a turbo pcm & ZF6.

The E trans setting was one of the difference's I'd spotted that we didn't get to try before a turbo ABS module was installed.