Introducing: Falcon One Car Workshop

Kirby@PCMTec

Update: Can buy here https://www.pcmtec.com/pcmtec-editor-workshop-1-vehicle

Hey Guys,

Some exciting news as we tweak and adjust our product offerings.

Obviously one of the power features of PCMTec for Falcons has been our CustomOS and extra features you can load into the PCM.

However our licensing has been limited to get this option; you had to go to a Workshop (or buy workshop) to get this setup in your car, for the tinkerers amongst us (or engineers, or compsci students, or home-tuners) this represented a conundrum:

"I want to do it myself but I have to either go to a workshop to get it done - and even then I can't change settings"
-or-
"I need to buy Workshop to get the features I want, and play with all the switches and dials, but its more than I need"

From our perspective we saw many Professional users come across to Workshop during various promotions, only to license a single VIN.
So after some internal discussion and changes with our platform we have decided to address this head on with a new product level.
Our goal was to have a consistent product available for those Professional users who want Workshop features but are DIY-ers.

Introducing:

Falcon One Car Workshop
"Basically Workshop, but limited to one VIN/PCM"

What you get:

• Workshop Level Features - Cheaper Price
  • Access to Workshop Level Templates (PID Controllers, all the cool workshop parameters discovered etc.)
  • Access to the CustomOS Wizard
  • Access to the Strategy Browser
  • Total 10 credits included to do a single car to the top tier CustomOS

What you don't get:

• More than one VIN/PCM can be registered to the account. (you know the whole idea behind the product)
  • Mustang Templates and CPU Support (this is a Falcon/Territory only product)
  • Ability to populate unlicensed files (not needed for a single car environment)
  • Full workshop level priority support (You will need to use the guides here on the forum for configuration)

Some Extra Notes:

• At the moment it is only an upgrade product for Professional users
  • You still need a compatible J2534 cable to Do-It-Yourself
  • To get the upgrade you can only have one PCM licensed on your pro account, the upgrade will be blocked otherwise.
  • At any point you can upgrade the product for the difference to Unlimited Workshop by paying cost difference between the two.

Pricing:

The upgrade for professional users will be $1000(+GST), this includes 4x extra credits ($200+ Value, Brings the total 10 inc. the 6 issued from the Professional purchase).  Outright will be $1600(+GST).

Availability:

Our plan is to make this "generally" available with the upcoming 2.1 general release.

However, I would like to bring some users onboard sooner. So for  Professional users that are eligible and interested, I will offer an additional discount on the purchase before this time. However I am limiting this number so we can manage this appropriately.  Consider this an open pre-release invitation. 

These users will also receive additional support from me (and the team) initially to help them get setup etc.

In addition, this will also make you eligible to the Beta program, and if you want we would bring you onboard for that and you can access the new version straight away. 

Gimme Gimme Gimme:

Edit: It is available on the webstore at the moment outright and as an upgrade for the same price that users paid for the pre-availability period. I am unsure at this point how long the reduced pricing will last. At the moment we are not advertising the product.

Thanks Everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sounds great ! So if I have the Pawper pack ( enthusiast version ) is it still the same cost for to upgrade ( Eg wanting custom os for anitlag ?) . 

that is , we are basically starting again and throwing out the enthusiast version? $1000 plus gst plus lic ?  Regards Graham. 

Edited by Plumbs

42 minutes ago, Plumbs said:

Hi sounds great ! So if I have the Pawper pack ( enthusiast version ) is it still the same cost for to upgrade ( Eg wanting custom os for anitlag ?) . 

that is , we are basically starting again and throwing out the enthusiast version? $1000 plus gst plus lic ?  Regards Graham. 

Unless there is another option in the works, you can upgrade from enthusiast to professional first by emailing support.

https://www.pcmtec.com/faq#

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, Plumbs said:

The cost to upgrade is the price difference between the two products, which in this case is $1320 inc GST. 

Unfortunately it must be done in a few steps: 

Enthusiast to Professional Upgrade > $330inc. 

Professional to One Car Workshop > $990inc. 

These products are available now on the webstore and the upgrade will be instantaneous.

Additionally any credits spent thus far on a VIN/PCM will count towards any feature upgrades on that PCM when used with that same account.

However if you have licenced more than one car on your enthusiast or professional edition the upgrade will be blocked. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, hjtrbo said:

If I have utilised the single VIN license, then sell the car and buy another to play with, can I buy 10 more credits and kick the old VIN off the license so I can put the new one on it and tune it?

At the moment, Falcon One Car Workshop (F-OCWS) is designed to travel with that VIN, so you sell the car and that account (maybe even cable??) would go with it to the new car owner (we support this already).

As for maintaining ownership of the software 'transferring' it to a new VIN (even for a fee) we haven't considered. We support transferring it to a new PCM Serial if you have a PCM hardware failure but it is VIN locked. So the answer, at the moment, is no.

But I hear the request and will look at it in the future, if its a policy we could consider changing and how we might do this from a technical point of view. That said; no promises other than "I will investigate".

• Thanks 1