Driver Demand Torque

JMSMotorsport

1 hour ago, abs351 said:

Hi JMS,

I have noticed tuners are turning off torque control logic to bypass this based on tunes I have seen, which I believe are not ideal.

This is what people did 15 years ago back in the CAPA days when many tables were not available.

It is highly recommended to NOT do this. It breaks many functions in the vehicle and causes no end of side effects.

• 2 weeks later...

As Roland stated, Driver demand torque is the requested brake torque(crankshaft torque) that is translated from the pedal position. The actual torque delivered to the driveline(before trans) is the driver demand torque minus various torque reductions such as gear shift events, engine protection like knock and oil temp as well as trans gear based reductions. The gear based reductions includes the boost limits for the first few gears to limit the tractive force at the tyre to prevent tyre slip. 

If you tune the torque limits per gear correctly then the boost control should automatically control the engine torque for a given gear.