FG engine off radiator fan control

rfh

• 2 weeks later...

search for run on fans, its not a single parameter. Best way is to search for some different .tecs and see what different settings are out there.

I have no idea how the algorythym works, but was able to get the run on fans to come on at a lower temp.

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, jakka351 said:

search for run on fans, its not a single parameter. Best way is to search for some different .tecs and see what different settings are out there.

I have no idea how the algorythym works, but was able to get the run on fans to come on at a lower temp.

Hi Jakka,
I was wondering if you had any knowledge on how to shorten the time the "fans run on" for when the engine has been switched off.
I understand its reason for being there, but it doesnt do the battery any favors.
If possible, I would like to limit it to 1 min.

Cheers,
Brett

13 hours ago, Ghedina said:

Hi Jakka,
I was wondering if you had any knowledge on how to shorten the time the "fans run on" for when the engine has been switched off.
I understand its reason for being there, but it doesnt do the battery any favors.
If possible, I would like to limit it to 1 min.

Cheers,
Brett

Hi Brett, you could have a look at the scalars below & copy 1 minute values to 2,3,4&5min. It's not something I've done but the formula is the same for each scalar & looks like it should do what you want.

image.thumb.png.1dbbe0e14a4da52c2073db52d872d0d7.png

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 5:53 AM, Bill said:

Hi Brett, you could have a look at the scalars below & copy 1 minute values to 2,3,4&5min. It's not something I've done but the formula is the same for each scalar & looks like it should do what you want.

image.thumb.png.1dbbe0e14a4da52c2073db52d872d0d7.png

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. 

I was thinking of trying that myself.

Do you know what the #'s represent in the various A,B&C lines?               Or                                                       Do u have a more detailed breakdown of the formula              (Ax + By + C = 0)?

cheers, 

Brett

39 minutes ago, Ghedina said:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. 

I was thinking of trying that myself.

Do you know what the #'s represent in the various A,B&C lines?               Or                                                       Do u have a more detailed breakdown of the formula              (Ax + By + C = 0)?

cheers, 

Brett

Sorry Brett, I can't help with the formula. The fact the formula remains the same, it should operate the same at the higher time limits if the 1 minute times were applied for each above. My preference would be to retain the 2 minute time for high speed fans due to high ACPT & only alter 3 minutes & above if I were to make any changes. This would be consistent with the approach taken with BA & BF's.

I think Ford fitted a 530-560 CCA battery in FG but Super Charge have 630-650CCA that'll fit. I only ever fit batteries with the highest CCA rating possible in the space provided. It reduces the risk of having any starting issues when the fans have run on.

Also, change the alternator settings to target a charge rate of 13.8-14.2v. Having the higher CCA rated battery & alternator maintaining the battery at the higher charge rate, it'll extend the battery life & you may even find that changing the fan run on time may not be necessary. You could easily test this by making the alternator charge rate changes & battery replacement if necessary & check the battery cranking voltage after the fans have run on.

• 6 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, Bill said:

Also, change the alternator settings to target a charge rate of 13.8-14.2v. Having the higher CCA rated battery & alternator maintaining the battery at the higher charge rate, it'll extend the battery life & you may even find that changing the fan run on time may not be necessary. You could easily test this by making the alternator charge rate changes & battery replacement if necessary & check the battery cranking voltage after the fans have run on.

Hello Sir, Where can I find the setting to change the charge rate?

It is AuF16449 Target battery voltage min (car running)?