checking custom os

will15

Hey guys just downloaded a tune file from a BA and it said it was a custom OS and will take 5 credits to open and tune, how do i tell what custom OS it is and is there a list of custom OS's some where to look at to see what there is availble. 

Hi Will,

As you are with Workshop Edition, you will have the feature of "Populate Unlicensed File" under "Calibration Tools" which allows you to view the file without licensing the file, as long as it's not tunerlocked by someone else.

So you just need to open the file, go to "Calibration Tools" then "Populate Unlicensed File".

We have a licensing guide on the first page of the CustomOS Wizard.
image.thumb.png.8d82f08cfe92e3ef053ee5b71277d000.png

If the Editor is asking you for 5 credits, its most likely a Standard Custom OS file.

Best regards,
Zhuojian

1 hour ago, will15 said:

I have licensed it but it says its out of date when i go to the custom os wizard, so i still can't tell what it is.

You will need to recreate the Custom OS from scratch then if you'd like to enable any new features.

To determine what was originally set you can also enable view -> pcm -> development then look at the custom os build options to see what has been enabled.

image.thumb.png.0f40f7a744398163ac0226a3c1d517d8.png

image.png.de806a98becd6b0b04b8d8a1c8e87208.png

Between the sets of parameters you will be able to see some of the items.

If the file is really old these items will not populate and this will likely be a file that has extended table axis (spark/speed density) or possibly flex fuel logic only. This should be fairly obvious from the navigator tree.

1 hour ago, Zhuojian@pcmtec said:

Hi Will, could you please upload the CustomOS file to support@pcmtec.com? What parameter has you changed? It's known that for some specific parameters in BA once you modify it, we have to do a full write otherwise a partial write will brick the PCM.

Just emailed the file

2 hours ago, will15 said:

Hey guys just downloaded a tune file from a BA and it said it was a custom OS and will take 5 credits to open and tune, how do i tell what custom OS it is and is there a list of custom OS's some where to look at to see what there is availble. 

Check both the OSID & strategy match too. I came across a BA a while ago that had mismatched OSID to strategy & it was seen as a custom OS, resulting in some tools not recognising the pcm & it not being able to be read by anything but PCMTEC. It may not be your problem but something to be aware of.

I'm guessing that someone has selected "write calibration" instead of write entire using another tool eg HP resulting in the mismatch. OSID is HAAMG, strategy is HAANCG4. PCMTEC shows it as PCMFMG4
I've attached a copy so you can see what had happened with OSID & Strategy.

PCMFMG4 Custom OS_OSID HAAMG_Strategy HAANCH4.tec

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bill said:

Check both the OSID & strategy match too. I came across a BA a while ago that had mismatched OSID to strategy & it was seen as a custom OS, resulting in some tools not recognising the pcm & it not being able to be read by anything but PCMTEC. It may not be your problem but something to be aware of.

I'm guessing that someone has selected "write calibration" instead of write entire using another tool eg HP resulting in the mismatch. OSID is HAAMG, strategy is HAANCG4. PCMTEC shows it as PCMFMG4
I've attached a copy so you can see what had happened with OSID & Strategy.

PCMFMG4 Custom OS_OSID HAAMG_Strategy HAANCH4.tec 669.06 kB · 0 downloads

strategy pcmaqh7

osid pcmaq