Fg xr6t strategy in na+t fg

yoda598

Hey guys. Just trying to confirm my thoughts. I have a customer's fg na+t in for abit of work. The car has been fitted with a turbo zf and matching diff. We've flashed the matching strategy to match the zf file. It runs fine but throws the obvious abs and traction control errors. I just want to confirm this is due to the abs module not having the turbo calibration on it, before we recalibrate it.

14 hours ago, yoda598 said:

Hey guys. Just trying to confirm my thoughts. I have a customer's fg na+t in for abit of work. The car has been fitted with a turbo zf and matching diff. We've flashed the matching strategy to match the zf file. It runs fine but throws the obvious abs and traction control errors. I just want to confirm this is due to the abs module not having the turbo calibration on it, before we recalibrate it.

It probably is that, it could also be that the strategy isn't matched correctly, or you have the wrong diff ratio set. There are a few other causes as well. Check the DTCs and it should tell you if the ABS module is mismatched, in which case recalibrating that (assuming its the correct bosch model) should fix your issue.

• Thanks 1

Hi Yoda,

Disable the VID block (auF0389-NameActivate/Deactivate VID Block Parameters for Final Drive/Tire etc)it will possibly remove the DTC errors.

Do share feedback, this will help others in future 🙂

@ Rolls, are there any vital requirements if this is disabled? i have tried this already and all functions in the car work well.

ABS

Edited by abs351
  • Thanks 1

To bypass DSC , ABS warning lamps.

When I have VID block enabled, they light up. So I suspected the strategy aligns with certain ABS calibration/ responses with the PCM/TCM.

This worked with FGX sprint, FG F6 OS on a FG XR6T MK2, along with F6X OS and TCM strategy on territory turbo.

I believe it comes down to the ABS module calibration file which is challenging to obtain for FG MK2 & FGX Sprint. Ford DSFM website doesn't have them available.

I'm in the process of getting the desired calibration file for FGX sprint ABS module to test my theory.

I hope this Intel helps others.

Abs

Edited by abs351
  • Thanks 2