10R80 is it supported

Hi guys, got the workshop edition a few years back. But haven't had the chance to play with it.

Might've found a 10r80 at a good price in the US and I'm bringing in a motor.

Does PCMTec support the 10r80?

What ECU will I need? It's going in a 1942 Ford pickup / truck.

Edited by Phillyc

1 hour ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

The workshop edition supports the mustang 10r80 and 6r80

Edit forget about it: Does the editor software have the ability to work with a Falcon PCM and a 6R80 in an application akin to the picture below?

image.thumb.png.16f503e26ca830e4f52a10e0bf1d2b59.png

So 6R80 doesn't have a TCM like ZF. The PCM does it all and is directly wired to the solenoids etc. Hmmmm. What I had in my head won't work. 

The picture above still applies but relies on a 3rd party controller like the quick 6 to do the trans tune. 

The revised system would be like this.... Not tidy.

image.thumb.png.a7f5b8b07b9b6b07031fa04b363d0653.png

Edited by hjtrbo

1 hour ago, Phillyc said:

Appreciate the link and feedback. Can a FG2 FPV ECU be made to be programmed to run 10r80? I'm guessing no.

No it would require a full mustang pcm, tcm, and and associated modules for security to work. 

There is a control pack ecu you can buy buy from Ford performance but it only supports manual gearboxes. 

Can you ask them what strategy/operating system they use for the PCM? I will ensure that it is supported. I assume they will use an OEM cal and not the control pack cal then do a PATS delete on it to make it work. Make sure that they supply a working calibration for the stock motor and aren't leaving it up to you.

If they are leaving it up to you, then you'd need to send the PCM off to someone to get PATS deleted as we do not have that capability in the Mustang (yet).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

No it would require a full mustang pcm, tcm, and and associated modules for security to work. 

There is a control pack ecu you can buy buy from Ford performance but it only supports manual gearboxes. 

Thanks - emailed the following.

Hi, I'm interested in the 10r80 control pack. My tuner has asked me

"Can you ask them what strategy/operating system they use for the PCM?"

Also I have a 750hp built 4V modular (different firing order - swap). Can this control pack run it or a Gen 1 Coyote?

13 minutes ago, onysonpv@bigpond.com said:

I have a 2018 mustang pcm and supporting modules originally from a gen 3 coyote/10r80 if your interested in purchasing? I had started fitting up haltech wired into the S550 harness for my Barra swapped Stang however I have now opted to go complete fgx wiring/modules from the donor vehicle. Let me know if your interested

PM sent