Fan Control

BeerTurbo

Hi Guys

can someone clear this up for me. for the Bf pcm - the fan config is it set so the LS fans turn of when the HS fan comes on?

is there a way to make this so the LS fan comes on above a certain temp and the HS fans come on above a different temp , but the ls fan stays on?

just in this conversion the radiator has one 12 and one 14inch fan on it, was hoping to run both indipendantly.

and what is the HEDF?

fans.jpg

5 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

Hi Guys

can someone clear this up for me. for the Bf pcm - the fan config is it set so the LS fans turn of when the HS fan comes on?

is there a way to make this so the LS fan comes on above a certain temp and the HS fans come on above a different temp , but the ls fan stays on?

just in this conversion the radiator has one 12 and one 14inch fan on it, was hoping to run both indipendantly.

and what is the HEDF?

If your strategy is a na one, have a look at a BF turbo strategy eg HACCHB5 & compare as it was factory dual fans. I believe most na were single fan

HEDF is High Electro Drive Fan

6 hours ago, Bill said:

If your strategy is a na one, have a look at a BF turbo strategy eg HACCHB5 & compare as it was factory dual fans. I believe most na were single fan

HEDF is High Electro Drive Fan

i thought they all had two fans, minus some fgs?

i know on the ef low speed relay fed both the fans in series so they were slower and then high speed they connected in parallel. 

i thought the config read some similar to this because it turns of the low speed fans then 1-2 degree more turns on the high speed fans (the way im reading it)

4 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

i thought they all had two fans, minus some fgs?

Single fan was used on some from 01/05 & still available through Ford. P/N BR2Z8C607AA
The factory 2 fan units use 3 relays to control them where the single fan uses 2

BF fan wiring diagrams....if needed
image.thumb.png.4ae8bc8dd8bfb6da02af8d6dc78d7b2d.png
image.thumb.png.4a4116e74549822ade5b74b34a9225b2.png

7 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

this setup worked as expected.

low fan on after temp1 and then fan2 started after tmp2 and fan 1 remained on.

my fans are not good enough to cool it down under threshold so i couldn't test if HSF drooped out.

Low fan set at 68°C would see it come on well below the thermostat opening temp & high speed fan at 78°C may also see it coming on before thermostat opening temp, depending on the rating of the one you've fitted. Sounds like it won't be a real problem with the fans you've used in hotter weather with but make sure that in cold weather you don't end up it having it run too cold or have the thermostat constantly opening & closing 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Low fan set at 68°C would see it come on well below the thermostat opening temp & high speed fan at 78°C may also see it coming on before thermostat opening temp, depending on the rating of the one you've fitted. Sounds like it won't be a real problem with the fans you've used in hotter weather with but make sure that in cold weather you don't end up it having it run too cold or have the thermostat constantly opening & closing 

thermostat is a thing of the past with this one, its just for skids mainly, so the temps dont really matter.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tested at what speed the fans get told to turn off:

auF0380 looks like a start for fans at load, which is tied in with auF0379 load trigger i presume. Seem like this is not used as we rarely get above 160kmh

auF2199 min speed to turn off fans - could be this one?

auF1424 speed below which base fan speed is required - is that slow fans if the temperature has not reached high speed enable auF0377.  

I may have run some wires and LED's onto the relays and play with the speed numbers to work this out.

2 minutes ago, Milanski said:

Has anyone tested at what speed the fans get told to turn off:

auF0380 looks like a start for fans at load, which is tied in with auF0379 load trigger i presume. Seem like this is not used as we rarely get above 160kmh

auF2199 min speed to turn off fans - could be this one?

auF1424 speed below which base fan speed is required - is that slow fans if the temperature has not reached high speed enable auF0377.  

I may have run some wires and LED's onto the relays and play with the speed numbers to work this out.

i never got the load trigger to show up in logs.

i only trust the low and high speed cut ins. I usually drop them by about 15 degrees c for a normal car or if its a burnout car i drop high speed to kick in around 45/50deg

Hi beer turbo, i have lowered the temps, but i wanted to know at what vehicle speed they turned off.  my testing shows the pull through rate of air through the stock radiator is about 7m/s. I assume the car travelling at 25km would push the same air through if the fans were stopped.  Fans become a restrictor at higher vehicle speed and i dont know what setting that is in the ecu.  Adjusting the temps can achieve the end result as vehicle motion helps cool, and hence the fans turn anyway.  I would still like to know what the setting is though.