Disable Traction Control BA-T

BeerTurbo

Hi Team,

have a friend with a ba turbo setup, a conversion but has most everything from the turbo car. when driving the car it will get to around 3k and hit "traction control" tq limiting and do cylinder cuts.

is there a reason for this?

besides reducing the tq retard ability, is there a correct way to disable trc altogether?

auF0410 - ETC Traction Control - is allready set to disable etc trc.

cheers

I was sure there was a parameter with a value of 40 for traction control and if you set it out of range it disables it. I can't find it tho but it might be it auF1716. I'm also fairly sure there was mention of it on the forum but again I can't find it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I was sure there was a parameter with a value of 40 for traction control and if you set it out of range it disables it. I can't find it tho but it might be it auF1716. I'm also fairly sure there was mention of it on the forum but again I can't find it.

Sounds about right Puff. @BeerTurbo have a look in the HOWTO: Traction control thread. Setting it to 80 or 1 to set it out of range comes to mind.

@Bill @Puffwagon cheers. tonights run had no trc issues.

this is a ba turbo pcm, but for reference i changed (all of this at once so not sure what really was the fix)

auF2495 - TQ Reduction  2:Traction Control - "0"

auF0410 - ETC Traction Control -"disable etc trc"

auF0265 - traction control - "6666"

auF0264  -traction control "6666"

auF0262 - traction control - 1

auF0261 - traction control - 0

auF1716 - engine size - "80"

• Like 1

Just now, Puffwagon said:

Nice one, shouldn't be too hard to work out which one did the trick.

ive actually done all of the avove minus the engine size to the teritory. trc likes to think it needs to kick in sometimes , but it cant take away power but the zf will upshift. ill try adding the engine size into it, the awd dosent need trc (at my power level)

8 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

@Bill @Puffwagon cheers. tonights run had no trc issues.

this is a ba turbo pcm, but for reference i changed (all of this at once so not sure what really was the fix)

Cool. The same should work on any BA and possibly BF too 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

auF1716 - engine size - "80"

i did this on my turbo terry and the zf went into limp mode.

Did you make all the other changes you listed in your previous post or just auF1716?
Do you remember what the codes were?

On 7/3/2023 at 9:28 PM, BeerTurbo said:

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Did you make all the other changes you listed in your previous post or just auF1716?
Do you remember what the codes were?

engine size and boost control chabges were loaded.

i removed eng size setting n zf went back to happy.

dident read codes was in a rush .

terry allready has the other trc settings set. so trc cant command power reduction. but the light comes on dash and i swear sometimes it makes zf upshift early. but that could all be in my head.

3 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

When I was pushing over 600awkw through a stock trans, toward the end of it's life it would slip whilst in gear, tc would flash and it would upshift, despite being in manual mode.

so maybe I'm not going crazy.

mines prob only at the 350 hp range tho so fairly modest. but defiantly in the wet foot down I've noticed the trc light go crazy and it upshifts. in the dry ive noticed it on the odd ocaion to and its hard to narrow down why. even in the wet its verry unlikely it loses traction, I've only broke traction launching on a corner...never in a straight line (in the wet)