ford pcm used for different engine

CHRISNOTH

there doesnt seem to be much around apart from memcal tuning i have hp but that doesn't do early commodores i use workshop pcmtec and have been since they began nothing out there comes close to it but i have a lot of early holdens that need doing do you know of anything that is user friendly 

13 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You could get it to work but it's an exercise in futility. You can flash tune most of the commodores and live tune a handful, including boosted applications.

thanks puff while iam hear i just did a standaloan  all works ok but for some reason the boost only kicks in at about 3000 rpm i have looked through all the areas that could affect this but cant seem to find any thing that could cause this any ideas ?

All the info you need for tuning the older efi 6 and 8 cyl Holdens is here.

In regard to the other question, you haven't given any information regarding the vehicle. List the vehicle details, engine specs and post the tune for the best chance of diagnosis. Things to check mechanically are; exhaust manifold or turbo gasket leaks, boost leaks, loose wastegate actuator setup that will open the wg flap early.

thats good thanks puff maybe its the BOV it is a Vortec 35mm adjustable i have it plumbed to vac side may be i just unplug it see what happens its making 550 hp  at wheels 

its got a 4/3 inch pulsar on it thanks for looking at the tune i appreciate it regards Chris Noth 

1 minute ago, Puffwagon said:

If you unplug the bov it will leak, it needs to have a boost pressure reference to stay shut under boost. In my experience a Pulsar 3584 turbo will come on boost around 3000rpm give or take depending on the intake temps.

arr got ya i was thinking its probably to big for the application some one else fitted it and tried tuning wit HP without the boost sensor or controller or turbo PCM  so i sorted all that out but what you say covers it  turbo too big  thanks puff you the man haha

9 minutes ago, CHRISNOTH said:

arr got ya i was thinking its probably to big for the application some one else fitted it and tried tuning wit HP without the boost sensor or controller or turbo PCM  so i sorted all that out but what you say covers it  turbo too big  thanks puff you the man haha

Pulsar 3584RS should come on at 3000 if your wastegate is set up right like Puff said... Screen shot shows 12psi spring IWG-75 2mm preload and wired shut from some testing I did.

image.png.2f97883f50d7da787a4b69201040a056.png

Edited by hjtrbo