Flow rate calculator

Stevenbruzz

I ain't no expert but I would run them at lower and lower pulse widths until they deviated from the linear high slope line. This is where you will place your break point and underneath that will be the low slope. These all change with voltage, pressure and temperature. You might find that using a scope will be more accurate than a injector test bench or perhaps use them together. Again not an expert but that's what springs to mind.

Have a read through this for the ford stuff http://injectordynamics.com/articles/ford-injector-characterization/

Here's another one http://injectordynamics.com/the-library/

And another one https://help.injectordynamics.com/support/solutions

Finally if you want to find the low slope for your particular vehicle, you can generally adjust the low slope number while the car is idling to find what it is. I haven't personally scoped and flowed injectors to find the actual data, for the most part you can get it close enough with some tuning practice.

I'll have a crack too...

Find deadtime at 12V (since you're only interested in low slope)

Then run it at a range of low pulse widths. e.g 0.8ms, 1ms, 1.2ms.... etc. for a decent amount of time, tracking PW count and fuel mass.

Commanded PW - Dead Time = Injected fuel PW

For each Commanded PW => Fuel g/s = Mass of Fuel in Container / (Injected Fuel PW * Count)

Plot the points in excel and draw a best fit straight line. Where the points 'knee' into the linear range is the break point. Stick your high slope onto your plot at that point. Bada bing 

Edited by hjtrbo

3 minutes ago, hjtrbo said:

I'll have a crack too...

Find deadtime at 12V (since you're only interested in low slope)

Then run it at a range of low pulse widths. e.g 0.8ms, 1ms, 1.2ms.... etc. for a decent amount of time, tracking PW count and fuel mass.

Commanded PW - Dead Time = Injected fuel PW

For each Commanded PW => Fuel g/s = Mass of Fuel in Container / (Injected Fuel PW * Count)

Plot the points in excel and draw a best fit straight line. Where the points 'knee' into the linear range is the break point. Stick your high slope onto your lot at that point. Bada bing 

Yeah okay i might have a play when i've got some free time and sit down with it n plot them all.

Im running metholated spirits in it at the moment, it was cheap and best thing at bunnings 😅 only thing that was open by time i got to post office to pick it up.