Best NA stock tune

Andre34

Hi I just got an fg mk1 and I started by grabbing what I think is an fgx na tune. HAER1UA. After I grabbed the tcm parameters that I thought were relevant, I started comparing the spark and fuel and found a huge difference, but I’m guessing part of the reason is the change with fuel specific gravity parameter as well as the injector scaling.  

I was wondering, on the assumption of the na injectors being the same for fg mk1 and fgx, would the fgx tune be the best one to use to see improvements or are some of the earlier tuning files better. I did see that with the fgx turbo and fgx sprint, the f6 tune was better but I’m wondering if this is the case for NA 

Depends if the calibration was given a decent budget or not. If not it may be worse. Only real way is on a Dyno and with knock sensors 

Fairly sure you have picked a turbo tune also. This is not comparable at all.

I highly recommend against willy nilly copying parameters or tunes. It will end badly.

43 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Depends if the calibration was given a decent budget or not. If not it may be worse. Only real way is on a Dyno and with knock sensors 

Fairly sure you have picked a turbo tune also. This is not comparable at all.

I highly recommend against willy nilly copying parameters or tunes. It will end badly.

Ahh ok that makes sense. I had a feeling it was a turbo but I didn’t trust my knowledge enough. I saw on the stock file list that under “charged” it said no. Is there anywhere I can find a more accurate list of stock strategies and what they come out of or not really?
I’m trying to get away with a budget on this one so I’m not copying anything over that is too drastically different. One thing though is I still can’t get the shift fart from the zf even after making the zf trans torque limit tables more negative but that’s a different topic.

Edited by Andre34

Don't copy paste anything. Buy the right tools and learn to tune properly, it isn't that hard or expensive and you will have good results every time. Tuning an na vehicle is very easy as it is still knock limited on 98 octane but you won't break a piston like you will with a turbo car.

1 hour ago, Andre34 said:

Ahh ok that makes sense. I had a feeling it was a turbo but I didn’t trust my knowledge enough. I saw on the stock file list that under “charged” it said no. Is there anywhere I can find a more accurate list of stock strategies and what they come out of or not really?
I’m trying to get away with a budget on this one so I’m not copying anything over that is too drastically different. One thing though is I still can’t get the shift fart from the zf even after making the zf trans torque limit tables more negative but that’s a different topic.

In the workshop edition we provide a full list of all strategies which you can compare. We also include common values so you can easily tell what is turbo/supercharged. The different injector slopes and average max load spark are dead give aways it is a turbo, along with the turbo logic switch being turned on.

image.thumb.png.35bf6aa3868d04076506b50de04b25f3.png

• Thanks 1