PATS Disable...Will Dash Still Work BA Turbo??

Hi,

Hi I am an trying to help a mate with a with a BA XR6 Turbo & has a security code error & car won't start, I was going to do the PATS disable as per forum guide. 

Question is will his speedo & dash cluster still function? We are no worried about the radio working etc.....

Cheers

2 hours ago, nat said:

Disabling PATS won’t change the cluster so you’re all good there; just the ICC will not function (I believe it will just say security code error)

this is correct.. have done this and can confirm

if you remove the stereo you will lose the dash as it has the can link from ecu to dash. im sure if you find the can wires and join them it might work, but i just put my sterio back in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nat said:

Disabling PATS won’t change the cluster so you’re all good there; just the ICC will not function (I believe it will just say security code error)

Yep worked as expected. 

11 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Was it working then suddenly this error occurred? If so it is probably a flat battery or earth issue. 

What happened before the error? 

If it's a pcm swap then just do a parameter reset with Forscan or ford ids.

The error cam about due to ignition barrel falling apart and then a replacement was installed. 

We tried parameter rest with a Snap On (which has worked before) but had no luck this time for some reason.