Hey guys

syph3rd

hey guys, 

Thinking about buying PCMTec for my Territory.
We recently put in a FG Engine and wanted to know if there was a base file somewhere which allowed this engine to run perfectly on a BA / Territory ECU.
We used everything from the FG and only kept the BA VCT Phasers as we put on a BA Rocker Cover.

Is this something which can be provided or will I have to get the car tuned?

Regards,

Nathan

I don’t believe anyone has posted any tune with that already done. You’d have to use the compare function to change over quite a bit of the tune as there’s a lot different (Almost everything to be honest as new cam profile, injectors, compression, and intake manifold) between the BA and Fg. Plus I don’t know about independent VCT in the BA PCM whether that’ll even work. Probably not?

• Like 1

Only the F6 manual BA had independent VCT. This can be converted to a BTR auto but not a ZF. You'd need the HAAT3VC strategy (check the common strategies thread).

You are on your own with this kind of job. Lots of messing around and prepare for a christmas tree of fault lamps. Definitely possible, but not something we can tell you how to do.

Thanks for the responses, 

I am somewhat versed in the Ford OE ECU's from doing EEC hacking back in the day but gave up and went MoTeC for everything haha!

Just have a car that has a weird idle issue even after changing engines from BA to FG so i am just trying to get my head around everything as I think I need to change the ECU and since it was tuned via HPT i'd lose everything and will need to start from scratch.

• 8 months later...
12 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

No that is a completely different drive train, I believe it is from a euro vehicle.

Engine is from range rover and jaguar and the input shaft on the transmission being the 6R80 is different but it's still based on the ZF 6HP26 so I would have thought you'd be able to read the TCM or is it a total different control module system?

1 hour ago, brettus said:

Engine is from range rover and jaguar and the input shaft on the transmission being the 6R80 is different but it's still based on the ZF 6HP26 so I would have thought you'd be able to read the TCM or is it a total different control module system?

Yeah it is like the BMW ZF vs the Falcon ZF. Same box but no similarities in software at all. Same with the Mustang 10R80 vs the Chevvy 10L80