HOWTO: Full independent VCT cam control in BA 6 cyl

Roland@pcmtec

@Roland@pcmtec I’ve got a bf na xr6 mk2 zf. It already has intake and exhaust cam tables. Will this work as fully independent cam timing or will I still need to make changes? HACCKA5

I’m about to take it for a retune but my tuner has never used pcmtec before so I want to get it as ready as possible so he just has to tune the values for me. 

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Andre34 said:

@Roland@pcmtec I’ve got a bf na xr6 mk2 zf. It already has intake and exhaust cam tables. Will this work as fully independent cam timing or will I still need to make changes? HACCKA5

I’m about to take it for a retune but my tuner has never used pcmtec before so I want to get it as ready as possible so he just has to tune the values for me. 

Cheers.

BF has fully independent VCT

• Like 2

Yes what Bill said. The run fully independent cam timing. Some strategies don't implement overlap at low rpm to assist spool though, this is something your tuner can address. Not all tuners are aware of this. 

If anyone is on a PC they can confirm if your stock file commands overlap from 1500 to 3500.

I'm fairly sure HACCKGA doesn't implement it for example. I'm not sure why Ford did it on some cars and not others. Afaik all the FGs do it and they run 33 deg overlap, the BFs that do run overlap are only 20 deg. Likely due to the different turbos. 

• Like 1