Possible to use waste gate solenoid output to control fuel pump speed?

Yamonda

HI, 

I was just thinking about using the PWM output for the waste gate to control a SSR to run the fuel pumps. This is just a brainstorming thing for me. I have 2 walbro 460's and they draw heaps of power and flow to much for my fuel pressure reg. They also melt the wiring and connectors that KPM supply with the intank surge tank. I'd prefer not to have to cut up and make a new connector for the module but i probably will have to.  It'd be nice to run them at low power when off boost. Anyone know the frequency output of the signal? I know it's probably more pain than what it's worth or i could run a standalone controller with a pressure switch. 

And yes i know i should upgrade my pressure reg and get rid of the crappy KPM module but i'm over spending money on it for a bit and thought i may be able to do something different

Thanks   

P.S i use a standalone boost controller 

Edited by Yamonda
extra info

Thanks Roland, 

That's about what i expected, 32HZ is way to low for pwm control anyway. And i was kinda expecting issues the the output been inconsistent. Unfortunately the pumps are paralleled in the module so can't stage them easily.  I'll have to come up with a different way. 

Thanks for your input

-Kyle 

On 8/7/2020 at 4:41 AM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Best option is to stage two pumps from the imrc output. We have set it up with an rpm and map pressure set point.

Just on this, this would be possible in the ba-bf easily to access but whereabouts would you be able to hook in to this for fg onwards, being log manifold? Does the wiring exist?

might be a silly question

34 minutes ago, finnigan001 said:

Just on this, this would be possible in the ba-bf easily to access but whereabouts would you be able to hook in to this for fg onwards, being log manifold? Does the wiring exist?

might be a silly question

You have to re-pin the plug manually, but the output does exist on the PCM. Danny at Springy Performance does it all the time.