ZF Gear Change Cylinder Cut

Dolan

I was just looking into the zf gear change on my FG X, I saw this parameter (auF11992) but it looks like the description is cutoff.

I also opened up my FG NA tune I had on my old car, and found this scalar set to 2.

Does anyone have any info on what this scalar does and any of the others on this page?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.20.17 pm.png

I believe it is the amount of cylinders to cut. They change it on v8 and I6 models I believe. If it is 0 or 2 it will cut an even number of cylinders. If its 1 or 3 it will cut an odd number of cylinders.

So as the torque reduction amount increases I believe it would cut 1,3,5 cylinders out if the value is 1. If the value is 0 it would cut 0,2,4,6 etc.

I haven't checked but if you compare a v8 vs an I6 I would suspect it alternates between the two.

Some of the logic Ford used was not very intuitive. I'm not sure why they use a number instead of a boolean flag for this.

Regarding the high/low limits:

auF10020 and auF11419 are the "Drive" parameters

auF10533 and auF11419 are the "Sport" parameters

These are the time counters for the cylinder cutout. The smaller the values the shorter the cylinder cutout will be, the larger the longer the cutout will be. The others are limiters which are probably not very useful to tweak.

Most of the things like this are best tested by putting silly numbers in to a single parameter at a time and testing it on a dyno/controlled environment.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:28 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Regarding the high/low limits:

auF10020 and auF11419 are the "Drive" parameters

auF10533 and auF11419 are the "Sport" parameters

These are the time counters for the cylinder cutout. The smaller the values the shorter the cylinder cutout will be, the larger the longer the cutout will be. The others are limiters which are probably not very useful to tweak.

Most of the things like this are best tested by putting silly numbers in to a single parameter at a time and testing it on a dyno/controlled environment.

in regards to this, if we change the values to say 1 in all instances, would that mean that the cylinder cut would be quite short?