Enthusiast or Professional?

@Roland@pcmtec is it easy to get a manual strategy with professional edition? Will pcmtec be able to do do the manaul strategy for my pcm? Im going from a btr 4 speed to a t5 do I do all the steps from zf to manual guide? I have a feeling I might lose cruise control i do have au t5 speedo gear and clutch pedal switch can I use these to fix if I run into that issue? 

20210602_213525.jpg

On 6/16/2021 at 4:21 AM, 05xtsleeper said:

@Roland@pcmtec my cars current pcm strategy is HAANGA6??. From the research I did when looking for the right manual pcm for my car and that was strategy HAANGB6. Am I on the right path that I would most likely use strategy HAANGB6 to flash to my pcm?

have a look here.

http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au/BA PPC Data Base.html

you might get caught out with 5 speed manual vs 6 speed. the 6 speed has a loom for the reverse lockout and would defiantly need the PCM for that if you want it to work as factory. 

Edited by BeerTurbo

10 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

have a look here.

http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au/BA PPC Data Base.html

you might get caught out with 5 speed manual vs 6 speed. the 6 speed has a loom for the reverse lockout and would defiantly need the PCM for that if you want it to work.

Im going from a btr 4 speed auto to a t5 as I have it already. Will I need a new pcm for the t5 or thats only if I want the t56?? I had a look at website from what I seen ford used my pcm module type in the mk1's maybe a mk1 manual strategy would work. What options do I have if i keep the t5 and current pcm, try and flash a manual strategy if that doesn't work try and edit the current auto strategy if that doesn't work would a custom os work?? as of the auto loom ill repin and rewire to suit t5. I'm really hoping I can use my current pcm as I've been looking for nearly 3 years and only one that popped up a couple of years ago and it was DOA. I'm waiting on the Tactrix Openport 2.0 to come in the mail and then I'll buy pcmtec pro and start learning what needs to be done. @BeerTurbo thanks for the reply.

8 hours ago, 05xtsleeper said:

Im going from a btr 4 speed auto to a t5 as I have it already. Will I need a new pcm for the t5 or thats only if I want the t56?? I had a look at website from what I seen ford used my pcm module type in the mk1's maybe a mk1 manual strategy would work. What options do I have if i keep the t5 and current pcm, try and flash a manual strategy if that doesn't work try and edit the current auto strategy if that doesn't work would a custom os work?? as of the auto loom ill repin and rewire to suit t5. I'm really hoping I can use my current pcm as I've been looking for nearly 3 years and only one that popped up a couple of years ago and it was DOA. I'm waiting on the Tactrix Openport 2.0 to come in the mail and then I'll buy pcmtec pro and start learning what needs to be done. @BeerTurbo thanks for the reply.

I've seen on other forums that some auto pcm's were made as auto pcm's only & don't like being edited to manual or flashed with manual tunes. They will accept auto to manual edits or complete manual flashes but cruise won't work & they have little gremlins that haunt you forever. Some ecu's are designed for both auto & manual & are happy with either strategy