ZF Shift Patterns

Sam

• 1 year later...

Am I right in thinking if it's hitting engine limiting before the change happens, I just need to bring the shift on earlier even thou its already commanding the shift at 5040rpm it hits the limter at 6060rpm. ? Mainly the 1-2 if i use it in Manual it shifts fine under WOT.

The Log Has Multiple Pulls - From Dead Stop to Rolling and a Manual Pull

28-11-2022 10-00-36 AM Log.teclog

Edited by JMSMotorsport

1 minute ago, JMSMotorsport said:

Am I right in thinking if it's hitting engine limiting before the change happens, I just need to bring the shift on earlier? Mainly the 1-2 and 3-4 if i use it in Manual it shifts fine under WOT.

The Log Has Multiple Pulls - From Dead Stop to Rolling and a Manual Pull

28-11-2022 10-00-36 AM Log.teclog 814.11 kB · 0 downloads

What i did with mine was edit the map 27 i think it was for manual mode..then put in a number..test and see if it hits limiter...then use that number as the max number. 

I did find the terry with more Power needed some lower number in shift.

What worked better was changing limiter type. I found stock limiter would confise it and make it hold gear more. Since std is a throttle cut.

I changed to fuel cut only and left it at 6100 or so and it seemed fine

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

What i did with mine was edit the map 27 i think it was for manual mode..then put in a number..test and see if it hits limiter...then use that number as the max number. 

I did find the terry with more Power needed some lower number in shift.

What worked better was changing limiter type. I found stock limiter would confise it and make it hold gear more. Since std is a throttle cut.

I changed to fuel cut only and left it at 6100 or so and it seemed fine

So set Fuel Cut limit auF0133 to 6100 and Move the RPM Limit auF0144 to 6250? I will also try using that process as that makes sense, I guess they make the RPM so much quicker needs extra time to get that shift done. 

Just now, JMSMotorsport said:

So set Fuel Cut limit auF0133 to 6100 and Move the RPM Limit auF0144 to 6250? I will also try using that process as that makes sense, I guess they make the RPM so much quicker needs extra time to get that shift done. 

Thats what i did, im not saying its right. But it worked.

• 3 weeks later...