IC Programming

cars.shyne@gmail.com

Hey, out of pure curiosity and the inclination to do odd things! It’s recently come to my attention that the fg clusters can be logo changed, I assume that pcmtec was not designed for such things but ask here in hope someone knows how to go about it?
I’ve searched google for days with no leads. I know there’s a bloke in Melbourne that does it however I like to learn new skills and would prefer to take it on myself. Any help appreciated. Cheers

34 minutes ago, cars.shyne@gmail.com said:

Hey, out of pure curiosity and the inclination to do odd things! It’s recently come to my attention that the fg clusters can be logo changed, I assume that pcmtec was not designed for such things but ask here in hope someone knows how to go about it?
I’ve searched google for days with no leads. I know there’s a bloke in Melbourne that does it however I like to learn new skills and would prefer to take it on myself. Any help appreciated. Cheers

You're right, it's not a PCMTEC thing. It would require a very good understanding of CANbus communication, programming/coding & some specific tools/programs and a lot of time at a minimum. @Whiteforddoes it in Melbourne but being something he will have invested a lot of time in doing, I'd be surprised if he would share too much info. Understandably, he'd need to get a return on his investment.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 6:30 PM, Bill said:

You're right, it's not a PCMTEC thing. It would require a very good understanding of CANbus communication, programming/coding & some specific tools/programs and a lot of time at a minimum. @Whiteforddoes it in Melbourne but being something he will have invested a lot of time in doing, I'd be surprised if he would share too much info. Understandably, he'd need to get a return on his investment.

Lol, its public knowledge now and always was. 🙂

FG Mk2 clusters yes, MK1 i don't believe so

Edited by abs351

49 minutes ago, abs351 said:

Lol, its public knowledge now and always was. 🙂

FG Mk2 clusters yes, MK1 i don't believe so

Thanks abs, I wasn't aware it was public knowledge when I commented & lots of thanks to Jakka, he has since provided a link to some very useful info for all us that didn't 👍

It's public as in you can download someone's software that they spent a lot of time on and didn't charge a cent for. 

Most people do this once or twice and get jaded. Don't underestimate the value of your time. If it takes you months to figure out you should charge for your time. 

Undercharging discourages all the other smart people out there from having a crack and innovating. 

• Like 4