Cam Source

Mick

Hi Rolls

I've read through it again and unless I'm missing it, there is really nothing there that indicates where the source originates from.

Is it possible for me to change my tune file strategy to a different one without more credits (adding my VIN to the new one) to find a strategy that does not do it and then do a compare the two to see what is different, to find a possible scaler/table etc?

4 hours ago, Mick said:

Hi Rolls

I've read through it again and unless I'm missing it, there is really nothing there that indicates where the source originates from.

Is it possible for me to change my tune file strategy to a different one without more credits (adding my VIN to the new one) to find a strategy that does not do it and then do a compare the two to see what is different, to find a possible scaler/table etc?

You can compare files without licensing them. Licensing is locked to OSID not VIN.

The scalars that put into max power mode at the two described in the ghost cam article

https://support.pcmtec.com/kb/article/23-howto-ghost-cam-and-vct-simplification/

To force the camshaft to use the main maps at all times simply set these scalars out of range to -1000 rpm.

These define "closed throttle mode" eg 

auF1079 (VCT Closed throttle disable RPM) set to -1000

auF1035 VCT Closed throttle enable RPM) set to -1000

part throttle mode is defined via tables such as auF16501 and if you are in cruise control/traction control etc.

The rest of the time its in maximum power mode.

Maximum power mode is the simplest to tune, as you only have the main 3d tables to modify. The way it is running now is easier to configure, the other tables are confusing as there is 6 or 7 of them that are all added together with various limits on overlap etc that clip intake angle.

thanks for the replies

I was aiming at trying to find out how to get it into part throttle mode or at least where it comes from, as when in Max Power mode the desired cam angle (VCT TRG INT)  is reaching the cam angles specified by auF16501 (VCT Angle) and limited by auF16610 (VCT Angle Max Retard) when at steady driving, until the cruise control is activated. (The cam is achieving the desired position and then moves a lot)

When I activate cruise control, I get a jump of sometimes over 20 degrees in cam timing, while my wife's car is already using the larger retard numbers

The screen shot shows the change when cruise control is activated (just after the blue position line), the torque source goes to 14, the cam source goes to 2 and the cam moves just over 20 degrees as though it is ignoring auF16610

My car = HAER1UB

Her car = HAEE4TY

p.s auF16610 has the name VCT Angle (RPM - rpm, Load - LOAD) but in the table the description is Maximum allowed Overlap Angle based on RPM and Throttle Position. which I think maybe a mistake.

cam test 1.png