Boost cut

Leave the Boost and TMAP sensor voltages at sensible numbers and you will still get an overboost condition causing an FMEM shutdown. I always recommend people leave these alone as they will save an engine.

Eg these two scalars here.

image.png.62f41b1b85efab26735c626d2458c5bc.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Leave the Boost and TMAP sensor voltages at sensible numbers and you will still get an overboost condition causing an FMEM shutdown. I always recommend people leave these alone as they will save an engine.

Eg these two scalars here.

image.png.62f41b1b85efab26735c626d2458c5bc.png

Thankyou, Setting the boost sensor max value a few points above target yes? I will test in the morning.

Can this still be done if the boost sensor has been removed from the vehicle? I have tried lowering the tmap voltage and overshooting that for testing purposes and it just went lean as heck but not lean enough to cut... 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:55 PM, overlap said:

Can an over boost shutdown or cut be implemented when using the fg boost control in open loop? If so how is it done?

Cheers 

on the turbo pcm there is a torque management that kicks in for over boost, although its not really over boost its more failed boost controller. 

I've induced mine a couple of times when playing with the settings but its really not super quick. it tried to get the boost in check and when it realizes it cant it kicks in torque management.

A 3d table with rpm/temp and max boost for those would be nice, but I guess its kind of hard to implement.