Frankenstein FG

Hello, I have a mk1 FG and have done a full dash, drivers and passenger wiring conversion.

Now I know this is outside the scope of support but I have a couple of questions about re-licensing.

Initially I was on HAEDJG4 and have made new files and merged VID block and vin/serial details for 2 files for testing

HAEJ2PZ which I assume is mk2 &

HAER1UB FGX sprint

flashed both successfully and seems to get me in the right direction, though the files are unlicensed and because of this I can not disable pats to see which version will work better in my frankenstein FG 

I followed this guide and may of missed something.

Oh I should mention it's a full FGX wiring harness.

Sorry can't edit my post above.

I just don't want to use my available credits unless I have to. Since I'm still using my original PCM

CHEERS

Edited by Superb
Add

Oh right, you've done a full FGX conversion. Why not just buy an FGX? 😆

Anyway yes those are Mk2 configurations however you need the exact config for that car. The workshop edition has a full strategy list of all ~900 calibrations, from that list you can figure out which diff ratio/gearbox is suitable.

Otherwise the simplest method is assuming all the parts came from the same donor car (I hope so or you are in for a world of pain) is to simply use the calibration from that car as well (check the door tag). Have to remember that ALL modules must match and be from the exact same car for your swap to be successful eg ABS, Cluster, PCM and TCM. Even the cluster is different between a manual and auto, if any of that is wrong/mismatched you will have issues, most will let you start and drive the car, but your dash will be a christmas tree.

If you have no idea what the donor car was or all the bits are from different cars then its unlikely you will solve this without burning credits randomly trying operating systems only to find that you have a manual cluster in an auto, or a non turbo ABS module etc. In that case I would recommend you pay to get someone like @Whiteford to sort you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update on my progress...

So I updated my PCM & TCM with the HAER1UB FGX sprint strategy and applied credits to licence the file and disable PATS for the moment.

Had to change my HIM and Cluster which I already knew about since the MK1 and MK2 differences within the canbus.

I contacted @Whiteford via messenger but since we are in different states couldn't help me. All I need to do is change the ABS module and more wiring lol.

Before I started the conversion I didn't expect the module plug to be different or aware of that complication. 

I have something on its way to maybe configure the module but already have the above parts lined up

I knew what I was getting myself into when I started but its been worth it. 

I now have basically what could of been an F6 FGX Sprint inside 😎

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

You may be able to reconfigure the ABS module with Forscan or Ford IDS by unplugging the ABS, doing an offline config, selecting the correct file, plugging it back in and programming it.

That's what I'm hoping on, just waiting for an VCXnano to arrive. 

• 2 weeks later...