FGX Turbo to FGX Turbo Sprint tunes turbo hardware

BDAZLA

I am aware that to change from the FGX XR6 Turbo to the Sprint tune that there are also hardware differences.

It requires an F6 turbo, Intercooler and Injectors.

My question is, Are all the FG MK1/MK2/FGX Sprint turbos the same? I know they are all the 3582 but is there any difference in the wastegate port size or the actuator spring size?

Ideally I have all the parts already and would simply need to swap those hardware items over and the create the tune so that it is the Sprint tune, flash it into the car and away I go but I am unsure in particular about the actuator springs.

Does anyone know if the actuator springs are all same part number and if there are and variances in the port sizing?

On 7/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, BDAZLA said:

I am aware that to change from the FGX XR6 Turbo to the Sprint tune that there are also hardware differences.

It requires an F6 turbo, Intercooler and Injectors.

all the FGX Sprint turbos are the same I know they are all the 3582 as the Sprint is unique to the FGX And there are zero difference in the wastegate port size and the actuator spring size Over the XR GT3576 in the FG/Mk2/FGX ( Cheap ford ) 

I have all the parts already and would simply need to swap those hardware items over and the create the tune so that it is the Sprint tune, flash it into the car and away I go but it’s actually not a great calibration and i could do much better looking at what Ford has done and using it only as a Guide when on the Dyno to create a much better full custom tune. 

IF anyone doesn’t know the actuator springs are all The same part number and  there are no variances in the port sizing and all difference’s are from Target and Duty cycle changes plus some gain tweaks on the closed loop area. 

Solid statement buddy ;) 

• 1 month later...

With all due respect, HAER1UB is a junk tune. Any tuner who's had a good look at this calibration will see it for the crap it is. The ZF transmission calibration looks like it's been slapped together with the limited funding Ford had for development.

Stick with HAEK4PE if your car is an auto, it's a much better calibration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, Romulus said:

The ZF transmission calibration looks like it's been slapped together with the limited funding Ford had for development.

After speaking to some people this was absolutely the case, very limited budget. The F6 stuff was done by different calibrators and there was a bit of competition with Ford which is why it is apparently so good. This is all second hand info though, and I'm not a tuner so I can't really judge the tune like some can though.