help please with injector wiring for tuner nerd knock monitor

Plumbs

Hi all, Just need info please and I have looked around but no luck   . But for Tuner nerd knock , monitor , I need positive and negative inputs for number 1 injector wires for rpm data ?  I know I could disconnect number 1 wire and find positive with a multi meter . But if somebody knows off the top of their head that would be great ?

Thanks in advance Graham .

Stab the pickup into the coil wire and use that instead, in my experience it works a lot better.

Also be careful sticking a probe into your map/boost sensor. I had issues with the boost sensor not reading properly causing it to run up to 15psi more than commanded.

1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

Stab the pickup into the coil wire and use that instead, in my experience it works a lot better.

Also be careful sticking a probe into your map/boost sensor. I had issues with the boost sensor not reading properly causing it to run up to 15psi more than commanded.

Hi Puffwagan , thanks heaps . I really appreciate your help ! I would have blown her up by now if it was for your small but important pieces of info! 

Thought I would share a potential blow your engine up moment that happened to me today . I had a cheap Chinese boost actuator installed. And I had a turbo smart 12 psi actuator off my F6 sitting in the cupboard. So I pulled it apart and took out the 5 psi spring ( centre one ) to make 7psi . However, being a learner , I didn’t tighten up properly and there was a huge boost leak in the actuator itself ! 
So luckily I pulled 5 deg of timing from the whole load block above 2500 rpm. As I had a run away turbine and saw crazy boost pressure of up to 19 psi !! 
must say that $300 I spend on the 3 r 23 aa , turbo rods and pistons were worth the insurance today !! Anyway fixed now and motor is still purring away !! Phew !! Leaving at 11 psi and I’ll use the knock monitor to check timing as I’ve seen the pcm pull timing even down to 4 deg . So it seems unreliable to tune for knock on the stock knock sensor that I can see ? 
regards Graham! 

• 8 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, Puffwagon said:

dosent the coil fire multiple times at idle for the barra?

• 8 months later...

Hmmm, same shit happening here. Cant get a stable RPM signal. V3 Pro. Tried your suggestion @Puffwagon, no bueno. Have reached out to customer support. Will see what I get back. 

For reference I have tried injector #1 and coil pack #1. For both cases I tried at the PCM connector and at the injector / coil itself. Verified the appropriate settings selected in software for injector or coil rpm method. Swapped those 2 probes around for good measure as well.

For the ground side I have tried engine block, PCM case ground, PCM sig ground, chassis ground. Have also kept all TN wiring away from all other wiring. Have tried the knock box inside and outside the car. Laptop is on battery so no AC connected. Nothing makes a difference. Unable to do a firmware update as I have an older version that does not have the lock icon on the microcontroller.