Cam overlap through the midrange question

hjtrbo

Hey all, making some progress tidying up this tune. Got the boost curve nice and straight(ish) now , the 98 idle is way better and everything else seems happy.

Question though for someone willing to give up some info, please look at my screenshot where I have circled and drawn a flat yellow line. Notice a reduction in my rate of acceleration. It also coincides with a dip in the cam overlap. This area of both cam tables is bone stock. Would you normally adjust the overlap to get a straight line through that area like I have drawn? Obvious answer is test but I've only got the road dyno and the weather is atrocious here at the moment so wont get to test for a few days. 

Comments much appreciated.

image.thumb.png.d55417ffc928a258024bfeb2bf2a59a8.png

Its getting up there. Reporting about 4 degrees error in that area on the exhaust cam. Opinions I've read say anything 3 and under is ok. Haven't got an oil pressure transducer on the engine unfortunately, I'll add it to the list. Oil temp is a steady 93°C. Running a 10W-60 probably doesn't help. Error aside, for the back yarder, its 'roughly' tracking commanded. Wishing the weather would improve as I'm itching for a run to muck around with it. 

image.thumb.png.87015cab8cf45843e93e26b30db133df.png

Edited by hjtrbo

On 8/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, hjtrbo said:

Its getting up there. Reporting about 4 degrees error in that area on the exhaust cam. Opinions I've read say anything 3 and under is ok. Haven't got an oil pressure transducer on the engine unfortunately, I'll add it to the list. Oil temp is a steady 93°C. Running a 10W-60 probably doesn't help. Error aside, for the back yarder, its 'roughly' tracking commanded. Wishing the weather would improve as I'm itching for a run to muck around with it. 

image.thumb.png.87015cab8cf45843e93e26b30db133df.png

How do you set up histograms ? I’ve only got the paupa pack enthusiast version . Do u need workshop or higher? Would be handy . Regards Graham.

Here is what I use to go from PCMTEC to the dark side. It will need tweaking to suit your own needs. I'm still learning the Barra's so my list of PID's will likely not cover what a proper tuner (or tuna, or tooner) would have. If you are good with Excel you will be able to adapt it to your own needs. She's bare bones so please don't critique.

PCMTec Export to VCM Scanner.xlsm

• Like 1