Ecu swap from na to turbo

nathan

I've done a turbo engine swap on my na xr6. I didn't have a turbo ecu at the time so I just tuned it with a manual boost tap. Is there any way I can swap all the adjusted maps ect over to a new turbo ecu so I don't have to start from scratch again?

On 7/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, nathan said:

I've done a turbo engine swap on my na xr6. I didn't have a turbo ecu at the time so I just tuned it with a manual boost tap. Is there any way I can swap all the adjusted maps ect over to a new turbo ecu so I don't have to start from scratch again?

1. Open the file for the turbo pcm.
2. Select compare history
3. Load compare file (your na tuned file)
4. Start comparing & copying

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a customer that has dropped his fg off to me... his done exactly what Nathan has done but he sold the old ECU so now I'm stuck with a turbo ECU in this N/A ute and its got the wrong VIN and everything..... anyone got some insight on how I go around programming this turbo ECU to the car lol  

I got a bit more info out of the customer because I noticed this ECU has the same VIN as the last ute I just tuned for him..... he has another turbo fg, he thought the ECU in that was dead so he replaced it, turns out the ECU was not the problem so he has 2 turbo ECUs with the same VIN and iv got one here that I gotta make work in this N/A turbo converted ute 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, brenden said:

I got a bit more info out of the customer because I noticed this ECU has the same VIN as the last ute I just tuned for him..... he has another turbo fg, he thought the ECU in that was dead so he replaced it, turns out the ECU was not the problem so he has 2 turbo ECUs with the same VIN and iv got one here that I gotta make work in this N/A turbo converted ute 🤦‍♂️

Make use of the factory turbo PCM. Get onto Hootens Harnesses on FaceBook & get a patch loom to add the factory boost control. FYI, Hootens (Bill) is taking some time off but if you're lucky, he might still be at work & might just have a patch loom on the shelf.

Update the PCM VIN to what the car is, if it's FG1, do step 2 of PATS programming...."Module initialisation" & it should be right to start & tune. Don't do step 1 as this will delete the keys. Not a problem if you have 2 keys but unnecessary.

You may need to change strategies depending on if it's currently tuned for auto or manual to suit the setup. This may also include having a matching TCM calibration if ZF6 & an ABS variant change.

IF it's FG2, you're going to need someone with IDS or FJDS to carry out PATS programming.

thanks for the reply bill, This ute has had the turbo ECU and loom installed, We have managed to get the old ORI N/A ECU off the bloke that purchased it so I can read it, I should be able to copy just the VIN over?, the turbo ECU is out of a ZF6 turbo FG mk1 and is going into a ZF6 auto FGmk1 N/A

turbo ECU wrong VIN_Stock.tec NA ECU with correct VIN.tec

thanks for the reply bill, This ute has had the turbo ECU and loom installed, We have managed to get the old ORI N/A ECU off the bloke that purchased it so I can read it, I should be able to copy just the VIN over?, the turbo ECU is out of a ZF6 turbo FG mk1 and is going into a ZF6 auto FGmk1 N/A car with a built turbo engine

1 hour ago, brenden said:

thanks for the reply bill, This ute has had the turbo ECU and loom installed, We have managed to get the old ORI N/A ECU off the bloke that purchased it so I can read it, I should be able to copy just the VIN over?, the turbo ECU is out of a ZF6 turbo FG mk1 and is going into a ZF6 auto FGmk1 N/A car with a built turbo engine

Yes, use the calibration merge function & just copy the VIN from the na file to the turbo file

• Like 2