pulling timing for no reason?

yoda598

Still haven't figured this out. All torque reduction is stock, all knock sensor data is stock. It seems to be related to load. Anything under 1.0 load it'll pull half of what the max retard limit is. Anything over and it pulls the full amount. Have confirmed 100% no knock. Im assuming it's some sort of torque reduction. It only happens after I give it a quick squirt then it does it untill I turn it off and on again.

How do you know its pulling timing? Can you post up your tune file so we can look at the spark tables and adders? Also do you have octane adder logic turned off?

One that will catch a lot of people out is the tip in torque source which can pull timing if the turbo comes on aggresively.

Can you do the log again with the spark adder set to high priority (right click and set high priority on it).

3 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

tip in torque source which can pull timing if the turbo comes on aggresively.

Just curious to know if this shows up in "spark adder average for all cylinders" along with normal knock adjustment from the knock sensors in logging.

Or is just seen as a dip in the "total spark" number.

Have always wondered and assumed that it was the later.

This one time I had my knock sensors unplugged but forgot to switch them off in the tune. As such the tune was pulling the max amount of timing once it got on boost.

Anyhow not sure if that's useful or not but mebbe you have an unplugged sensor or one is stuffed.

yeah right. makes sense. the code is P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

funny thing is that it only threw the code back up when i returned the knock data/sensitivity back to stock. when i was using my desensitised settings it didnt throw the code.

• Like 1