Resetting ZF learned adaptions

Mick

Hey Guys,

As I go through renaming and brushing up my technical German, here are the parameters that are particularly related to "Fußpunktadaption" (e.g. base adaptation).

Temperature:
Upper - ZF00026
Lower - ZF00027

Current - (Fuß > Base) - so Base current, TID: 001022
Upper - ZF00326
Lower - ZF00327
ZF01002 - Adaptable Base Current

Torque:
Upper - ZF02213
Lower - ZF02214

TCC/Turbine Speed:
Upper - ZF02441
Lower - ZF02442

RPM:
ZF03892 - Maximum permissible control deviation

Time parameters of interest:
ZF03229 - Time in which to adapt (possible drive time, or limit of running adaption)
ZF03230 - Preparation time for soothing (possible hysteresis or settling time)
ZF03231 - Time for switching on the switch point (possible drive time?)
ZF03113 - Load free must be passed (possible timer for an idle time before/after adaption)

TID of interest:
TID002456 - Status value of the base point adaptation (so maybe a status flag of adapted/not adapted)
TID000916 - Flag of the setpoint being applied (I think this might be a flag for "adaption in progress")
TID002212 - Adaption Time Counter (possible relation to the timers above)
TID002481 - counter adaptations (possible number of adaptation cycles performed)
TID002482 - counter TCC activations

For guys playing around with this, might be worth having a look at some of these TIDs and see if we can gleam anything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, hjtrbo said:

Having a read of the adaption procedures. Do we know what software version we are? Stuck on night shift so cant go through the tune. 

Software P says 6HP19 which leaves us 19.02 (A), 19.04 (N), 19.11 (T)

@hjtrbo Ford TCM Calibration files say 19.04.0
image.thumb.png.aed9e87a542d127c69efbb34c7d44b6e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some interesting reading in the AudiWorld forum for interpreting ZF6HP19 adaptation values. @hjtrbo @Puffwagon while you're testing, it would be good to find out if the items in the table below are some of the TID's of interest that @Kirby@PCMTec posted previously

Interpreting tiptronic adaptation values - what is your gearbox telling you? - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

image.thumb.png.ec38900c8285d84c891ef6120a5d7a66.png

On 12/14/2022 at 2:01 PM, Kirby@PCMTec said:

TID of interest:
TID002456 - Status value of the base point adaptation (so maybe a status flag of adapted/not adapted)
TID000916 - Flag of the setpoint being applied (I think this might be a flag for "adaption in progress")
TID002212 - Adaption Time Counter (possible relation to the timers above)
TID002481 - counter adaptations (possible number of adaptation cycles performed)TID002482 - counter TCC activations

I have a modified factory converter to suit the 6r80 input shaft and has a much higher stall speed than stock. Because of this and also the amount of power the engine makes I run the converter fully unlocked as much as the tune will allow. I don't want to smoke the converter clutch either.

With that in mind I remember that the stock TC settings have the converter lock up a lot of the time and I think this might have some effect on the relearn. It might be worth running the stock TC settings for the relearn process, then swap to tuned TC settings afterwards.

32 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

I have a modified factory converter to suit the 6r80 input shaft and has a much higher stall speed than stock. Because of this and also the amount of power the engine makes I run the converter fully unlocked as much as the tune will allow. I don't want to smoke the converter clutch either.

With that in mind I remember that the stock TC settings have the converter lock up a lot of the time and I think this might have some effect on the relearn. It might be worth running the stock TC settings for the relearn process, then swap to tuned TC settings afterwards.

It would be interesting to see what differences it makes doing a relearn with stock settings & then with tuned settings. The higher stall might learn poorly with stock settings & may learn better with the tuned settings. It might also be perfectly fine. It'll be great to hear how it all goes

1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

Just for reference did you have to change any scalars to prevent a limp mode due to excessive torque converter slip?

I had a look for another customer and the scalars that looked like they would assist with allowing a high slip ratio were the following (don't have the descriptions handy).

ZF20435

ZF04082

ZF04084

Mine doesn't go into limp mode from the converter slip. The only time I had it go into limp mode was making the maximum shift time too short. Halving the numbers seems to work fine, having less than 800ms in the 10C cell you're nearly guaranteed it'll go into limp mode after a short amount of time.