HOWTO: FG ZF6 to Manual conversion CAN bus wiring issues

Roland@pcmtec

Had a few people get stuck with these an an FG ZF6 (maybe the same on BF, unconfirmed). If you transplant the entire engine bay, trans and dash loom from a 6 speed manual into your auto vehicle you will have a much easier time wiring wise.

If you keep the auto loom and do all of this there is a modification that must be done (and probably others but definitely this one needs doing).

image.thumb.png.9bc73d046acb32bce6b005b39bd4ed6d.png

Now that you don't have the auto transmission C14 etc will no longer have the canbus loop seen here between 915A and 915B and also the loop between 914A and 915B will be missing.

image.png.6606869683a111094bc8f4966bd5ced4.png

You now need to create the canbus loop between these wires on the back of the plug as seen in the photos below. Without this the canbus circuit is open and your vehicle will not run.

image.thumb.png.4463208730e23c4ab351f348efc1a416.png

image.thumb.png.735356ac130402c0d3e04345595a202e.png 

Conversions are a headache so if you have any more information on what is required please add to this thread.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 11:24 AM, Roland@pcmtec said:

If you keep the auto loom and do all of this there is a modification that must be done (and probably others but definitely this one needs doing).

What do you mean "do all of this" Roland?

With the above wiring mod done and the can circuit communicating again, is it not just a matter of uploading a suitable OSID eg a manual fg xr6t in place of the auto OSID?

Do all the other modules such as BCM, ICC have to be reprogrammed individually?

I mean loop the canbus wires. If you don't do that the canbus will be broken and nothing will work. 

You will still need to do everything else related with the swap. I can't tell you what is required there as it depends entirely on the vehicle. There are too many variables and differences to write a guide there. This post was just to help with this specific problem which has caused a few workshops to burn 2+ days diagnosing a swap that was partially completed by a customer 

• 11 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 4:39 PM, Robertbossghia said:

Sounds like the issue im having, weird conversion im doing a boss 260 5speed manual swap into my bf fairmont ghia went to do the perameter reset and cant even get the scan tool to work in the obd at all has power but wont read anything, is this my issue? 

Highly likely.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys I've just done a manual conversion to my 2009 fg mk1 turbo 

Ive replaced the engine bay/gearbox loom and tried started but woulsnt start comes up with a comms fault will I need to do the loom that goes to the icc/body control as well would that be causing it to not start 

• 3 months later...
On 6/4/2020 at 5:07 PM, corz981 said:

Hey guys I've just done a manual conversion to my 2009 fg mk1 turbo 

Ive replaced the engine bay/gearbox loom and tried started but woulsnt start comes up with a comms fault will I need to do the loom that goes to the icc/body control as well would that be causing it to not start 

Did you end up getting it to start mate? I'm having the exact same issue, bridged the 2 brown- yellow , pink blue wires and now it communicates but still won't start

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
13 hours ago, ManualG6E said:

Hey I’ve done the CANBUS loop doing a manual conversion but still get a system comms fault. Can you help me please?

Recheck your CANbus loop connections, C20 connection & PCM connectors. I've seen a few where they weren't plugged in properly.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Had a few people get stuck with these an an FG ZF6 (maybe the same on BF, unconfirmed). If you transplant the entire engine bay, trans and dash loom from a 6 speed manual into your auto vehicle you will have a much easier time wiring wise.

image.thumb.png.9bc73d046acb32bce6b005b39bd4ed6d.png

Now that you don't have the auto transmission C14 etc will no longer have the canbus loop seen here between 915A and 915B and also the loop between 914A and 915B will be missing.

image.png.6606869683a111094bc8f4966bd5ced4.png

Y

@Roland@pcmtec , is there a canbus network available to us in document form for diagnostic purposes? Mk2 G6E