FG Throttle Body on a BA/BF

mondc95ba

Before I go searching through I/O Diagrams for the FG/BF/BA Throttle Body and Part information has anyone converted a FG Throttle Body to work on a BA/BF ECU/PCM?

If so, can you post up a how-to and what is required additionally software side to calibrate for voltage ranges (if they change), stepper motor PWN changes, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, Lucky said:
BA/BF TO FG 6 Cyl THROTTLE CONVERSION
LOOM-FD-010-LY03

did you change any settings? I'm about to put a fg throttle one mine and comparing things that seem vastly different are :

AUF0077 - Convert pedal position to des ETC angle

AUF0083 Desired throttle angle as per pedal position

AUF0084 b as above

couple of smaller things like throttle count wide open etc are marginally different

16 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

did you change any settings? I'm about to put a fg throttle one mine and comparing things that seem vastly different are :

AUF0077 - Convert pedal position to des ETC angle

AUF0083 Desired throttle angle as per pedal position

AUF0084 b as above

couple of smaller things like throttle count wide open etc are marginally different

No changes here mate, plug and play really.
I haven't looked at these settings myself, but if the table axis are the same i'd assume you'd just have to copy the FG tables to the BA if you want the "feel" of an FG throttle.

Stepper motors are controlled very similarly, just the nature of how snappy and responsive they feel is different between models.

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong on this.

• 1 month later...

for notice,

I have a fg TB and FG intake on a bf motor.. I noticed if I let it idle it would start hunting (rev up and down) but i knew the alt was not charging so figured it might be related.

Last night was i able to get it to have some temp, iv started it numerous times cold no problem. Warm starts it would stall instantly. I noticed it was opening TB for start, then basically closing it.. commanding less than 1 percent blade angle. When holding the throttle down you could make it idle and the blade would be somewhere in the high 2, sometimes 3 degree mark.

AUF0082 - open loop feed forward throttle angle predictions. This table is vastly different BF/FG and with the FG setting the car started and idled spot on.

Ive just now noticed AUF1249 pressure drop table might also be worth having FG settings from.

so far most of the petal/throttle angle settings altho they look different, or are setup differently have verry close to same reactions. so just changing a b-series tb for a fg one may infact just work. perhaps the airmas tables change due to the intake manifold change. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Quoted for visibility. Was it worth swapping?

I do the swap for the better placement of throttle body. I hate the engine crossover.

I cant speak for power upgrades as i dont have a dyno.

I figure both tb are same size so no need to change, but fg is more slimline so it might suit more people applications.

In my head i figgure the plastic intake is cooler and less prone to engine bay heat soak to.

That's on a turbo car then? I have a plastic intake etc that I could chuck on my na territory but I don't know if I wanna do a whole bunch of swapping for stuff all. I suppose the plastic one might have lower iats than the metal one tho.

Edit: Ford wouldn't have changed it for no reason lol

Edited by Puffwagon