Injector cut (golf farts) on gear change wont occour at very high load

Dolan

I'm not sure if I should put this in Engine Tuning or Transmission Tuning but I'm just gonna put it here.

I've got a FG X XR6 Turbo, when I am on full throttle and above 18 psi or so and change gears, sometimes the injector cut (golf farts) won't occur and this causes my boost to spike like crazy after checking the datalogs.

I'm not sure why this is occurring, my only theory is that the engine torque that gets sent to the transmission is below the threshold set in auF11857 - Tq_brk_s_str limit below which no injector cut is allowed during ZF gear shift.

If anyone has had this issue or might have an idea on how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

hey mate,

From the article below:

"Or we can disable enleanment/enrichment during traction control entirely by modifying auF0261 and changing the traction control row to 0. This means enleanment/enrichment cannot be used during traction control. In this scenario the vehicle will run the commanded lambda instead. "

Same mechanism for the on gear change torque requestor. increase for more farts. :)

Hey mate,

Thanks so much for your input but I've been playing around with that on the weekend and it still wont fix the problem. It will do the injector cut 90% of the time, but that 10% at high load usually only from 2nd to 3rd it still wont happen.

I even played around with setting auF11392 to 0, 1000, 2000, 3000. That didn't do anything at all.

I reduced the torque reduction a bit and set auF11857 to a lower torque number, 150-200. This still didn't make a difference.

I thought that would've done it as the datalog it shows the torque at flywheel (TQE_BRK) shows under the value in auF11857. I thought that maybe the normal torque reduction was reducing the torque below the limit auF11857 and that wouldn't trigger the cylinder cut.

I've gotta be completely missing something here, I'm not sure what though.