Demo Download Impossible

Patrick

Admin edit: The Demo version is no longer available. 

Unfortunately my demo software is refusing to allow me to log in claiming I need to update to the latest version: 3.00 from www.pcmtec.com/downloads

going to this page I have been unable to find any download link on this page.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:31 PM, Patrick said:

Unfortunately my demo software is refusing to allow me to log in claiming I need to update to the latest version: 3.00 from www.pcmtec.com/downloads

going to this page I have been unable to find any download link on this page.

I can't see the link to the demo software on the website which may mean that what was called "Demo Version" may have been removed due to it being several years old. Try installing the latest 2.11 release or the 3 Beta & logging in. When users login to the application, it logs them in with the level of access that the user has paid for ie enthusiast can only access enthusiast parameters. The worst that can happen is you can't log in.

PCMTEC may have removed the demo version & updated the way a user who doesn't have a paid subscription accesses the newest versions ie they may be able to login & view files in the same way the demo version worked but not have edit access. It would make sense to have you looking at what the PCMTEC application is capable of now as opposed to what it was capable of several years ago.

Admin Edit: Download link removed

Thank you for the Link to download version 2.11.

I could not for the life of me find a single link on the website to download any versions of PCMTEC for download on the website.

Even the downloads page is devoid of any links to download the software.

After downloading and installing PCMTEC release 2.11, I was able to run the program, and then sign in, but now this is what happens...

Screenshot 2022-11-20 094953.jpg

Now is this only happening because I have not as of yet purchased PCMTEC?

Up until now I have been using the demo Version to show to friends who have expressed an interest in Purchasing the PCMTEC software to use on their own cars.

I hope to soon purchase a Professional License for PCMTEC but have been holding out for the moment as the Demo was extremely glitchy running on my Dual boot 2010 Macbook Pro. Especially when compared to VCM Editor from HP Tuners, which has so far been nothing but rock solid stable...

On 11/20/2022 at 9:27 AM, Patrick said:

Thank you for the Link to download version 2.11.

I could not for the life of me find a single link on the website to download any versions of PCMTEC for download on the website.

Even the downloads page is devoid of any links to download the software.

After downloading and installing PCMTEC release 2.11, I was able to run the program, and then sign in, but now this is what happens...

When you put the mouse pointer on the word "Download", you should see it change to the hand & link display at the bottom of the screen. 
Have you got .Net4.7.1 etc installed as mentioned lower in the downloads page?

Make sure these are all installed. Sign out of PCMTEC & reboot the laptop & see if it works. It may still be that it doesn't work as a DEMO customer.
If that doesn't work, try installing the version 3....again from the lower section of the downloads page....Looking for special downloads.

None of this may help you, I'm just throwing out suggestions

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Up until now I have been using the demo Version to show to friends who have expressed an interest in Purchasing the PCMTEC software to use on their own cars.

I hope to soon purchase a Professional License for PCMTEC but have been holding out for the moment as the Demo was extremely glitchy running on my Dual boot 2010 Macbook Pro. Especially when compared to VCM Editor from HP Tuners, which has so far been nothing but rock solid stable...

Check the 2010 MacBook Pro meets the recommended specs on the FAQ page. I've been running PCMTEC on my 2019 MacBook Pro for several years & have only occasionally have a glitch. They've often been caused by having multiple instances of the program open & in the earlier versions. It's been much better in the 2+ versions. 

I run PCMTEC on Windows 10 via Bootcamp.

Based on my experience, as long as your MacBook meets the specs, you're running Windows10 with the latest updates & all the other required software eg .Net4.7.1, you should be able to run PCMTEC professional.

image.png.7d940124590f1b72e55aff8cd976f8bf.png

I was previously running the Demo version on a 2010 MacBook Pro with Bootcamp Windows 10.

I did have to disable one of the Video cards to make it run Windows happily.

Unfortunately the logic board died a couple of weeks ago, so I have transferred my SSD drive over to a new to me 2012 MacBook Pro, which I am currently using.

I don't know how to get to the downloads page that you have screenshot, because this is what the downloads page looks like when I open it up:

Screenshot 2022-11-20 123811.jpg

I'd say the downloads page you're seeing is different because you haven't purchased PCMTEC. What do you get when you try to click on "This is downloads2"?
Does it show a link or do anything? If not, it could be as simple as a broken link. Use the "Contact Us" link & advise support. Provide all the details including screenshots.

Not sure if not having windows activated will cause you any issues either. Cheap Windows10 Pro licences can be purchased on eBay for about $30 the last time I looked. That's how I activated mine.

• Like 1

I was wondering if Windows was causing the glitch, so I rebooted back into MacOS and the download page is unchanged.

I am working out of MacOS now.

"This is downloads2" is nothing more than a text description. I also looked at the source data and it simply is not loading the same page that you see on your own computer Bill.

If it is a required prerequisite to purchase a License before a person can download and sample the trial version, seems somewhat short sighted.

Perhaps it is simply an oversight, as no doubt the site admins would remain logged in, and so may be entirely blissfully unaware that the Free Demo is entirely inaccessible to potential clients.

Even trying to find the downloads page was a nightmare in itself, requiring me to navigate to the FAQ page, then System Requirements, then to click on Net4.7.1 to be then linked onto the blissfully empty Downloads Page.

The demo version has been removed for various reasons and won't be brought back. 

We treat the $300 enthusiast version essentially as a demo as we do not make any money on this product. Also although it is not official policy will we issue a refund if people are genuinely unhappy with the product. 

We are also happy to provide screenshots, this along with the videos and guides on the forum we believe provides enough content for people to decide if the product is for them or not. 

If you download the full version of the software it will not work without a paid login (eg someone sends you a link from their paid account). We do track account sharing and flag if multiple PC's are using the software simultaneously.

The downloads page is hidden if you do not have a paid account, although you can probably still find links to it if you look hard enough. 

With a paid account the website looks quite different which is why you can't find most of the links or see blank pages. 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2022 at 10:08 AM, Patrick said:

It's 2022 mate, might be time to invest in newer hardware irrelevant if you use this software or not..

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:44 AM, Patrick said:

I was previously running the Demo version on a 2010 MacBook Pro with Bootcamp Windows 10.

I did have to disable one of the Video cards to make it run Windows happily.

Unfortunately the logic board died a couple of weeks ago, so I have transferred my SSD drive over to a new to me 2012 MacBook Pro, which I am currently using.

I don't know how to get to the downloads page that you have screenshot, because this is what the downloads page looks like when I open it up:

Screenshot 2022-11-20 123811.jpg

Sorry this is my bad. I recently did an update on the website and this page was not updated correctly. It's all fixed now.

Downloads page is only available to registered customers who have purchased a products, this page now contains that information.

As @Roland@pcmtec mentioned, the demo is no longer available.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...