Make NA shoot massive flames

Andre34

Sorry for the confusion guys. When I say limiter, I refer to the one created by spark cut (-70 deg timing). To answer the question about my engine limiter (the factory fuel cut limiter) I have it set to 9000 so it’s not doing anything. 

Roland is right, I have normal timing at 4800rpm and then spark cut at 5000rpm so it bounces around instead of holding itself.

Also, to elaborate… my setup is normal timing up until 4800rpm and then -70 degrees on all loads at 5000rpm. I then have very rich fuel at over aprox 80% load on 4800rpm and higher (to achieve the bigger flames) I did a very slight change on the exhaust cam timing just to help the spark cut but I don’t think it’s really needed.

(be careful if you’re doing this on a turbo. There’s a bit more to it in order to avoid overboosting)

Nooooo!! I finally got the spark cut working mint when I could’ve just waited for the PCMTEC release of it 😭. That’s awesome though, it’ll make life so much easier if I ever want to do spark cut on another car. It will be cool to compare the aggressiveness of the customOS vs DIY spark cuts 

Just now, Andre34 said:

Sorry for the confusion guys. When I say limiter, I refer to the one created by spark cut (-70 deg timing). To answer the question about my engine limiter (the factory fuel cut limiter) I have it set to 9000 so it’s not doing anything. 

Roland is right, I have normal timing at 4800rpm and then spark cut at 5000rpm so it bounces around instead of holding itself.

Also, to elaborate… my setup is normal timing up until 4800rpm and then -70 degrees on all loads at 5000rpm. I then have very rich fuel at over aprox 80% load on 4800rpm and higher (to achieve the bigger flames) I did a very slight change on the exhaust cam timing just to help the spark cut but I don’t think it’s really needed.

(be careful if you’re doing this on a turbo. There’s a bit more to it in order to avoid overboosting)

Nooooo!! I finally got the spark cut working mint when I could’ve just waited for the PCMTEC release of it 😭. That’s awesome though, it’ll make life so much easier if I ever want to do spark cut on another car. It will be cool to compare the aggressiveness of the customOS vs DIY spark cuts 

Do you have you spark min clip at -70 to0?

1 hour ago, Andre34 said:

Before I go trying to figure this out aha, Could I set it to have normal timing at 5800 and then the -70 degrees at 6000? & would it keep relatively enough power in the motor to slide the car while shooting the big flames?

45 minutes ago, MrForsty said:

Before I go trying to figure this out aha, Could I set it to have normal timing at 5800 and then the -70 degrees at 6000? & would it keep relatively enough power in the motor to slide the car while shooting the big flames?

Yeah you can. I’d get it working at a low rpm first then set it up high. Beware of your oil pump gears at that rpm though. But yeah, just figure out what rpm your ecu fuel cut limiter is at and match it with the spark cut and set the fuel cut limiter higher so it doesn’t take effect. Make sure you remember to do your park, neutral and drive limiters higher too, otherwise the spark cut wont be effective

When I first had a go at mine, I started at 3000rpm and then increased it when I was happy with the “limiter” behaviour

55 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

Your wild

Hahaha yeah I know. If it breaks the motor, I’m happy. I want to have a go at doing the first awd boss260 territory. I haven’t seen it done yet, only rwd because of the front diff clearance

Just now, Andre34 said:

The only thing I’m stuck with now is to achieve flames after letting off the foot. I’m trying to make it similar to the one in this video. I’ve already tried spark retard at low load with 0.3 lambda as well as retarded decel spark but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_6464.MOV

I had issues to. I figgured it was issue with cutting away the fresh air?.

Is there a throttle body min clip vs rpm. To keep it cracked?

that reminds me. i did set a mates coon up on a spark cut limiter.

makes this funny noise on limiter and does little flames when hot.

pretty sure from memory, the lambada was around 0.82 on limiter. throttle ability disabled. full authority to pull spark. limiter like 5800 fuel cut limiter 6200. spark tq retard after 50 percent was wild enough to hit min clip... but i never changed min clip cause im not wild like mr -70. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

This might do something auF0076

Look into the idle and dashpot settings, that's more than likely where to look to keep the throttle slightly open at all times.

I tried both but it didn’t do it for me. I tried min angle at 10 and 20 but no luck. It made sense though but maybe I need to play with it more

15 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

that reminds me. i did set a mates coon up on a spark cut limiter.

makes this funny noise on limiter and does little flames when hot.

pretty sure from memory, the lambada was around 0.82 on limiter. throttle ability disabled. full authority to pull spark. limiter like 5800 fuel cut limiter 6200. spark tq retard after 50 percent was wild enough to hit min clip... but i never changed min clip cause im not wild like mr -70. 

While playing with throttle position, I tried 0.85 instead of 0.65 fuel at limiter and found the bangs were much louder. Flames were still big, about 3cm smaller than rich so I might run that leaner fuel now.  

Getting ready to win the next rev battle my track does. It would be so funny to see an na territory beat the 2js and the rbs 😂

18 minutes ago, Andre34 said:

I tried both but it didn’t do it for me. I tried min angle at 10 and 20 but no luck. It made sense though but maybe I need to play with it more

when you get it to work id say u want to see the throttle position at idle, then set a number just below that. if it actually does hit a min clip that's enough to free-rev the engine it might not actually decelerate.

17 minutes ago, Andre34 said:

While playing with throttle position, I tried 0.85 instead of 0.65 fuel at limiter and found the bangs were much louder. Flames were still big, about 3cm smaller than rich so I might run that leaner fuel now.  

Getting ready to win the next rev battle my track does. It would be so funny to see an na territory beat the 2js and the rbs 😂

back when i first started playing pcmtech i was trying to get a fg style zf gearshift in my teritory. now you can make it cylinder cut but it just dosent have the refinement of the fg so its not smooth.

anyway, i had the fuel on shift setting at like 0.7 forever and never heard a peep from it. one day i changed it to around 0.88 from memory and it did the gunshots pop on gearchange. so my theroy is the exhaust still needs decent fuel and air, if its got to much of one it wont combust - just like the engine

• 2 weeks later...