Bf shift burble

MrSafe

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone has successfully got the zf shift burble working in a bf turbo/territory turbo ?

I have tried putting fg sprint torque settings in and having a play but the trans either cuts to hard on the shift and slams into gear or it goes back to a standard shift.

• 2 months later...

ok, so for trans shift if we set spark to a high number, say .9 and above and give it full authority over other cuts aka 1.

set the enleanment to 1.75 and disabled throttle cut. car verry slowly revs down with no noises. not fast enough for the zf and no noises.

set the enleanment to rich, my case .88, no throttle cuts, will make a hecken antilag style backfire on gearshift and once again not be fast enough to tq reduce.

set enleanment to to super rich .75 just increases the backfire noises.

so that was a fun experement. in short i dont think we can have it. haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 11:36 AM, yoda598 said:

Did you video it lol

haha no. adds to much ducking around to the limited amount of testing time i get. 

I can tell you that the last lot of settings ive had in the car have been in there a couple of weeks and just the other day on a 2-3rd change it did a perfect fg style shift burble - but i haven't been able to recreate it since, nor was i data lodging at the time so i have no idea what it did. 

that was with spark cut at .8 and other cuts at .5 and enleanment at .78. 

i think he trick is getting the car doing a rich enleanment and then injector cuts, but with the b series there is no consistent way to get it in that sweet spot every time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

haha no. adds to much ducking around to the limited amount of testing time i get. 

I can tell you that the last lot of settings ive had in the car have been in there a couple of weeks and just the other day on a 2-3rd change it did a perfect fg style shift burble - but i haven't been able to recreate it since, nor was i data lodging at the time so i have no idea what it did. 

that was with spark cut at .8 and other cuts at .5 and enleanment at .78. 

i think he trick is getting the car doing a rich enleanment and then injector cuts, but with the b series there is no consistent way to get it in that sweet spot every time. 

I'll do some testing in the new year. See what I can make work. 

28 minutes ago, yoda598 said:

I'll do some testing in the new year. See what I can make work. 

the fgs goes straight to cylinder injector cut for zf, so with a b series you really want the car to request other tq reductions, then spark cut. so you can find the sweet spot for the burble with the other cuts - then use spark cut if it needs more.

but i dont think this situation is reversable so if you disable spark cut to get the injector cut straight away, you will also likely induce etc cut

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had an idea. If you set up the permanent fuel cut on gear shift for the BF which is very rough at low revs/low throttle (eg you would never drive around town like this) as an extra tune you could enable this for the drag track etc as a separate tune you enable.

You could also enable/set up a flex tune and wire up the TPS or boost sensor to the rear o2 sensor and interpolate the torque reduction based on throttle/boost level to make it drivable.

A lot of stuffing around, but if you are DIY and bored it would work and probably quite well.

• 10 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 1:48 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Just had an idea. If you set up the permanent fuel cut on gear shift for the BF which is very rough at low revs/low throttle (eg you would never drive around town like this) as an extra tune you could enable this for the drag track etc as a separate tune you enable.

You could also enable/set up a flex tune and wire up the TPS or boost sensor to the rear o2 sensor and interpolate the torque reduction based on throttle/boost level to make it drivable.

A lot of stuffing around, but if you are DIY and bored it would work and probably quite well.

how do you propose the settings to do  fuel cut on gearshift only @Roland@pcmtec ?

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, BeerTurbo said:

ok, so for trans shift if we set spark to a high number, say .9 and above and give it full authority over other cuts aka 1.

set the enleanment to 1.75 and disabled throttle cut. car verry slowly revs down with no noises. not fast enough for the zf and no noises.

set the enleanment to rich, my case .88, no throttle cuts, will make a hecken antilag style backfire on gearshift and once again not be fast enough to tq reduce.

set enleanment to to super rich .75 just increases the backfire noises.

so that was a fun experement. in short i dont think we can have it. haha.

ive tried this afew times with no success. just trying to do it for a laugh. mind if i inbox you about it?