DanStraffa

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one with 2 potentiometers wired up to simulate 0-5v

image.png.668755c0b492bf42c7c507c293233e47.png

image.thumb.png.bb727df9248a0c03bc1b1a71b2605063.png

image.thumb.png.90cc062b3e609bbf9cdd9a9d36ccd7fd.png

As you can see we have looped the ground pins on 5-6-7-8-GND

Then wired the inputs to pin 1,2 and duplicated them to pin 3 and 4

There is 5v supplied at the 5v pin which you can use if needed, not sure what the supply current is but I imagine not much.

So if you have a wideband loop pins 5-6-7-8-GND, wire the ground signal to GND, then wire the input signal to pin 1. If you have a second wideband wire the ground to GND and the input to pin 2.

image.png

49 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I am just running the 0-5v output to input 1 and the guage ground to the gnd input

I’m doing the same.  However, not even running a ground to it as the gauge already grounds elsewhere. Using the 5v output from my Innovate ECF-1 which I’ve wired up for E85 to the rear o2 sensor as well.

Have not had any issues with logging the wideband at all. 

1 hour ago, DanStraffa said:

Okay awesome thank you.

What gauge are you using ?

Am using the innovate mtx-l

1 hour ago, finnigan001 said:

I’m doing the same.  However, not even running a ground to it as the gauge already grounds elsewhere. Using the 5v output from my Innovate ECF-1 which I’ve wired up for E85 to the rear o2 sensor as well.

Have not had any issues with logging the wideband at all. 

I am only using the same ground as the guage as it was giving me a more accurate and consistent reading.

3 hours ago, finnigan001 said:

Might give this a whirl see if it makes any difference for me.  Can’t hurt to try ☺️

This is one downside of analog inputs. The measured voltage will be a differential between ground and the input pin. It is worth measuring with a multi meter between the ground on the DLP cable and the ground of the chassis. If you see a voltage offset you could simply factor this into your equation if this makes your wiring easier. Remember it may vary with battery voltage though.

We are looking to add serial/usb support for widebands (no ground offset error) in the future if we get enough requests for it and someone is willing to loan us cables. We already have an Innovate LC1 and MTX (I think) which we will add support for first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Great. How are you finding the equation editor, does it let you set up the correct scaling easily?

I have only used it for a few devices and they have all been a basic linear translation, the equation editor has been easy to setup for them.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

You can also save/load logging layouts (only saves the checked variables currently) via the file -> Save log layout and Load log layout in the latest beta.

Hi, I have a question about how to load a layout after saving it.

How do you do it? lol

I have used File/load layout and select a layout file but the loaded file is not what I saved

It seems to save correctly or it goes through the process at least but I can't retrieve the file back again

I have included a saved layout that just has some changes to Speed Density, I can't tell if it has been saved properly or not but what is loaded is just blank as in no changes show up

Thanks

Steve

02-02-2020 12-10-29 PM.tlo

Which version are you using? Use 1.22 beta if you aren't already. 

Can you try connecting to the vehicle first then loading the layout and see if that helps? 

There are some known bugs we are working on here. Datalogger is still very much in a beta phase.

Edit: that file is empty so something definitely went wrong with saving it. Are you able to upload your logs via the help menu and then send us an email with the approximate time/date you saved the layout? 

11 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Which version are you using? Use 1.22 beta if you aren't already. 

Can you try connecting to the vehicle first then loading the layout and see if that helps? 

There are some known bugs we are working on here. Datalogger is still very much in a beta phase.

Edit: that file is empty so something definitely went wrong with saving it. Are you able to upload your logs via the help menu and then send us an email with the approximate time/date you saved the layout? 

I am using 1.22 Beta, I shall try to send the logs

On 2/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Thanks, we will look into it on Monday. Can you try setting up the layout and re-saving in the mean time.

Hi, well I checked the Speed Density channel/s to test if it saves it.

It did save the layout and I did have it connected to the car as well, if this made a difference I don't know..

So. that worked strange how it didn't before.

I uploaded a log too

Cheers

Steve

19 minutes ago, fordsrule said:

Hi, well I checked the Speed Density channel/s to test if it saves it.

It did save the layout and I did have it connected to the car as well, if this made a difference I don't know..

So. that worked strange how it didn't before.

I uploaded a log too

Cheers

Steve

Also, the logging program always loads the same layout, how can I get all the channels back again?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi Steve

When you first opened the data logger, it loaded the last opened/saved file and it had the "Save Log layout" menu available at this time. Saving layouts should only be shown when connected to the vehicle, so this has been rectified for the next release

Ok, so are you saying that I should connect it to the car and this will enable me to get the channels back?

15 minutes ago, fordsrule said:

Ok, so are you saying that I should connect it to the car and this will enable me to get the channels back?

Well I managed to get all the channels back again by removing the saved layout from the directory so the program had to load the default which was everything

Bingo!!

If anyone is looking for a cheap laptop to leave in the car permamently for datalogging check these factory refurbished dells out.

https://www.dell.com/en-au/outlet

This one is only $379

https://www.dell.com/en-au/outlet/ProductDescription?cfID=FB3FB87CAF84C894D80FD4D6A83B48A5&invID=113588&cyid=1&pid=3&c=au&l=en&rid=APAC&prdid=&seg=DFH$

Cheap enough you can just leave it in the car with a 12v charger.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, fordsrule said:

Well I managed to get all the channels back again by removing the saved layout from the directory so the program had to load the default which was everything

Bingo!!

Need some help on the same issue, any help would be appreciated 

3 hours ago, Superb said:

Need some help on the same issue, any help would be appreciated 

If you just return the directory back to default, like it was just installed by creating a backup folder for example, move your data files etc to that folder then close the program down and reopen it, it should have all the channels again, you may have to connect to the car with ignition on so it can read from it

We will have a new update out soon that improves the usability of these items greatly. This will include configurable units and many other improvements. Thanks for your patience.

In the mean time deleting PCMTec.Editor.Settings.dat clears your saved information and restores the default logging parameters. This also removes decimal places, units and login information as well.

You can also simply highlight all the scalars and press delete (in 1.22) then add them back.

There is a bug where having more than 15 parameters logging at once can cause items to freeze. In the mean time we recommend 15 or less until the next update is out.

• Thanks 1

There is a new 1.22 beta on the website. This is almost finished our QA process and will become the 1.22 final release in the next week or so. So far there are a few quirks left however no breaking bugs that we have found. Once we finish QA we will do a short write up of the new features and improvements.

In short we have added the following:

• ZF Datalogging (templates need a lot of work still, everything is mapped however the units and descriptions are still unknown for a large percentage of items).
  • Configurable units
  • Configurable scales
  • Auto range improvements
  • Auto re-connect on key cycle/flashing etc.
  • Massively number of bug fixes and performance improvements in the back end.
  • Poll rate of single rate DMRs (eg when you poll more than 15) doubled. Can be viewed using column chooser -> then selecting "Rate" this will give you the number of updates per second.

Known issues which will be resolved before the final release:

• Changing units mid datalog causes a temporary spike in values
  • Bulk unit change from the menu resets axis min/max ranges.
  • Auto connect and then immediately key cycling causes no data to be shown and a manual reconnect is needed.
  • Page up/down on cam angles increments too slowly. Fixed by manually changing the axis at least once.
  • A few quirks with auto-range

Please press the shortcuts button to see a list of keyboard shortcuts. You can now configure ranges by right clicking on the axis as well.

This release should be  a HUGE improvement on what you are using now. If you download it please give us any feedback you have, anything you believe is a bug please report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 10:26 AM, Superb said:

Great I'll try that, how can I get the other 2 to read?

Can you take a video and send us a teclog file showing that they don't read? Send it via PM or to support@pcmtec.com

Can you also save your tec layout file, then remove all parameters except for those two (using the delete key) and let us know if they do start reading?

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:09 AM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Can you take a video and send us a teclog file showing that they don't read? Send it via PM or to support@pcmtec.com

Can you also save your tec layout file, then remove all parameters except for those two (using the delete key) and let us know if they do start reading?

PM Sent

• 2 weeks later...