Adaptions

Just wanted to pass on a finding.

I was never seeing adaption values change. I have an external cooler installed so trans temp never makes it above 70degC. They generally sat 50-65degC. Might see 70+ on a rare day. Ultimately I would like to install the Derale thermal bypass valve and a cooler fan to maintain constant trans temps around 80degC. I do not think the wide operating temperature range that my trans runs at the moment is optimal for adaption, but I have no facts to back that up, just logic that thermal stuff generally likes to be at constant temperatures. Take that with a grain of salt.

I reduced the adaption value temperature setpoint ZF00027 from 70 to 50 and now the box has adapted to the new solenoids and seals I put in. I think there is no value in reducing this value if you run the factory heat exchanger setup as your trans temps will be 80+degC. Obviously log trans temps and if they're below 70degC nearly always then I then I think this mod is for you.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 6

I just did a full read of my 2006 territory and could not see the zf parameters on my laptop. I emailed the file to myself and opened it on my desktop and the zf parameters were there.

Somewhat unrelated I got a fatal error when opening anything on my laptop that said I could save the file but not edit it.

Edited by Puffwagon

18 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Somewhat unrelated I got a fatal error when opening anything on my laptop that said I could save the file but not edit it.

Can you do upload logs to support and attention Zhuojian please. If you can include the tec file  in the ticket it creates  also that would be great! We are keen to stamp out any reproducible issues like this.

Ok I've sent the editor logs and the tec file. Worth noting it happens with every file, not just the one I was referring to.

I use 2 laptops for tuning and the older one doesn't display the zf parameters. Old is Toshiba Satellite L300 and new one a Acer Nitro 5 2018 model.

3 hours ago, BeerTurbo said:

i cant find it in my Bf config, it might be a fg only type?

updated from pcmtec version 2.11.8117 to version on website 2.11.8159.

was unable to find "zf00027" in my territory or bfmk2 files, had a look in some fg f6 filed id generated and also not found in those.

8 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

hach4k6

haccha2

HAEDJG4

ZF00027 appears in HACH4K6 (5R TCM) and HAEDJG4 (8R TCM).

HACCHA2 doesn't have a ZF TCM associated with it in our database...

But, as hjtrbo said they are Workshop only parameters. You won't see them in professional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerTurbo said:

updated from pcmtec version 2.11.8117 to version on website 2.11.8159.

was unable to find "zf00027" in my territory or bfmk2 files, had a look in some fg f6 filed id generated and also not found in those.

Make sure the file you have open has a TCM included. Check under information and that a ZF trans is located in the file. If not you may have read a PCM only out of the vehicle, you can import the TCM by opening the PCM file, then doing read flash and ticking TCM only. It will then read and merge the TCM into your existing PCM file. Alternatively you can read a fresh PCM + TCM.

As Kirby said not all our stock catch codes include a TCM (as we don't always know what it should be stock). But this doesn't mean the parameter won't be available when doing a read providing you have workshop edition.

Just now, Roland@pcmtec said:

Make sure the file you have open has a TCM included. Check under information and that a ZF trans is located in the file. If not you may have read a PCM only out of the vehicle, you can import the TCM by opening the PCM file, then doing read flash and ticking TCM only. It will then read and merge the TCM into your existing PCM file. Alternatively you can read a fresh PCM + TCM.

I only have professional :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeerTurbo said:

I only have professional :)

Ok well that's a simple one then! The reason we put parameters under workshop category is that these were parameters not available in other software packages and it was our main selling point in the early days. Without it we would not have converted many of the workshops early on which helped fund all the future developments we have made.

• Like 1