Zf kick down

Kevspec

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Yes I think there is a table which has a kick down time delay per gear you are in. You could set this to a very high number. When I'm in the office I'll try and find it for you. It is in the ZF tune itself. 

The only other optioned I've seen is play with output speeds in manual mode

ZF shift table 27 from memory, remove all the highlighted downshift figures and it will just stay in whatever gear its in.

image.png.4b20fddcafb98b894ee561608ce39bd6.png

ive got mine setup something like this, so it wont ever downshift for you..... but it will upshift somewhere verry close to limiter. Just incase your reactions are to slow / rest your hand on the gearstick and move from performance to manual mode without realizing. 

image.png.dc5a5dd3d659717041a91ba299a92037.png

cheers

14 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

ZF shift table 27 from memory, remove all the highlighted downshift figures and it will just stay in whatever gear its in.

ive got mine setup something like this, so it wont ever downshift for you..... but it will upshift somewhere verry close to limiter. Just incase your reactions are to slow / rest your hand on the gearstick and move from performance to manual mode without realizing. 

cheers

Awesome will definitely try that

On 2/13/2021 at 1:49 PM, BeerTurbo said:

cheers

Well done Beer :) That is what you would do for drag racing to ensure you never miss a gear change/put a safety margin so that the trans will catch a miss. 

Now I suspect you may find that this will not stop kick down for example if you try a launch in second on some cars. We have not worked out why this happens (two identical territories both with 77DA, one would kick down from 2nd to 1st on launch, the other would not). There is a work around for this but it is only available in the Workshop version of the PCMTec Editor and completely disables kick down. I worked with Stathi from IMS to resolve this issue so if someone wants the information then they will need to contact him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 1:49 PM, BeerTurbo said:

cheers

Will this auto shift even in manual mode or only if in performance mode?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...