PCMTEC Forums
Darryl@pcmtec

First time setup of the Editor and vehicle read

Once you have registered and received your order confirmation go to the download link here:

https://www.pcmtec.com/downloads

You can then download the full version of the software from this link:

image.thumb.png.66ee18fb5f208d63dcd6963bf5b5a29f.png

Download and Install the program. .Net 4.7.1 is required as well so if that is not installed on your computer use the above link to download and install it.

If you have done so already install the drivers for the cable you are using. Most customers are using the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable. These drivers for the Taxtrix can be obtained here:

https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=38&layout=blog&Itemid=61

Install these drivers as well.

Next you will need internet connection to allow the editor to  connect to the server for user validation and licensing.  

Start  up the PCMTec Editor and it will ask you to login. You need your email address and the password you registered with:

image.png.4a33824a2b70b9ba9996ebf55605441b.png

Once you have successfully logged in the Editor is now fully functional.

To read from the car connect plug the to Tactrix into the PCM and the cars OBD2 port. Then click on Read/Write Vehicle:

image.thumb.png.70f4e1df8ad73862c72ce46346ee58d4.png

By default it will read both the PCM and the ZF TCM, click on Read Flash:

image.thumb.png.b3c3e44460d0d0356484491583c10bfa.png

You will be asked to license the vehicle. You can choose to do this later by clicking No. Either way choose where you want the read of the vehicle saved and save the file.

Editor has now been set up and the vehicle read has been saved.

If you want to edit the file and did not license it in the previous step you will need to license it before you start editing:

image.thumb.png.56860d38e3e08fa874e15645d51f1c7a.png

Hi

If the ecu was lianced and tuned with pcmtec then i bye pcmtec for myself is it going to cost me a licence to tune it for my self 

3 hours ago, brettus said:

Do I need to return the vehicle back to the stock file from an SCT tune file to licence the vehicle?

I don't see why you would have to. I licensed an already tuned hp tuners file.

In saying that, in the past, when swapping flash tuning devices you would want to start from stock to ensure that you know exactly what has been changed.

With how extensive pcmtec is I think that they would have all of the parameters and more that other tuning solutions have.

I would still start from a blank slate tho and use the parameter importing feature to knock most of it out.

Cheers PW. Might have to give it a backseat for a while after grabbing the stock file so I can finish the home theatre off first....

bjc

22 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I don't see why you would have to. I licensed an already tuned hp tuners file.

In saying that, in the past, when swapping flash tuning devices you would want to start from stock to ensure that you know exactly what has been changed.

With how extensive pcmtec is I think that they would have all of the parameters and more that other tuning solutions have.

I would still start from a blank slate tho and use the parameter importing feature to knock most of it out.

I also licence'd a previously touched HP-TUNERS file without issue. 

The Ba turbo tune was loaded tot he Ba NA ecu with HPtuners, when loading it in PCMTECH it would show the na values as stock - i just used the BA Turbo PCMTECH file to compare and made my own notes on the differences, before proceeding with testing things. 

I think you will only run into trouble trying to get a locked file, i believe PCMTECH and hptuners can lock the files on the ecu now, so if your tuner does this you cant pull down the file, you would have to do a full stock revert on the ecu before being able to modify the file. - i could be wrong here tho, its just how i understand it. 

Hi team,

I hope this request is within the correct location to ensure PCMtec knowledge is centralized based on the subject.

Can we please get further clarity on the following box's a high level description on their usage or feature? ( I have a understanding, but would like to ensure its in line with PCMTEC support).

what would happen if they are ticked or not ticked when reading or writing to the PCM/TCM.

982146879_flashtoolbox.png.ad1837972cea575050a7312a3a413c22.png

Edited by abs351

Help! When I try to read the flash off my car for the first time, PCMTEC can't connect to my Openport 2.0 cable. Apparently, the software can't find any J2534 devices installed in the Windows registry. I have definitely installed installed the Openport 2.0 drivers as per the provided link, and Windows does appear to recognise the cable, but PCMTEC doesn't. My best guess is that this is due to where the drivers are installed, and the registry structure on 64-bit Win7, compared to 32-bit. Can you please advise how to fix this?

Oops, I may have just needed to restart PCMTEC after the cable drivers installed. Seems to be working now.

• Like 1

Hi, i've just done my first read, but it didn't pickup the Vin & the prog won't let me use it.

I'm using a VCM2 clone that i've used with IDS, which seems to have blanked the vin on this pcm & a spare i got from the wreckers. I have done a pats reset & entered the vin on both pcm's but the original cant access the radio ( but will start) the wreckers one will access the radio & start but the strategy for this one isn't BF RTV like the original is. (I'm trying to use the factory diff lock switch instead of bypassing it) The Bem appears to only have the letters FPA in it's vin now.

what i'm trying to do is enter the vin on the original pcm file & upload it. The pcm was originally lpg but flashed to petrol in ids using a different strategy for the same asu.

I have sent both files to support with logs, any ideas how i can insert a vin & start using the file, or do i have to find another pcm ? The vin i want to use ends in 4845 .

Thanks

Hi, i've just done my first read, but it didn't pickup the Vin & the prog won't let me use it.

I'm using a VCM2 clone that i've used with IDS, which seems to have blanked the vin on this pcm & a spare i got from the wreckers. I have done a pats reset & entered the vin on both pcm's but the original cant access the radio ( but will start) the wreckers one will access the radio & start but the strategy for this one isn't BF RTV like the original is. (I'm trying to use the factory diff lock switch instead of bypassing it) The Bem appears to only have the letters FPA in it's vin now.

what i'm trying to do is enter the vin on the original pcm file & upload it. The pcm was originally lpg but flashed to petrol in ids using a different strategy for the same asu.

I have sent both files to support with logs, any ideas how i can insert a vin & start using the file, or do i have to find another pcm ? The vin i want to use ends in 4845 .

Thanks

Thanks

We don't check the file upload section unless someone sends us an email so it looks like this got missed. If you can send us an email with the VIN you want entered we can update the file manually for you, once you license and flash it into the vehicle you will need to do a parameter reset with either IDS or Forscan otherwise the vehicle may be immobilised.