HOWTO: Ghost Cam and VCT simplification

Hey I've done this in an FG with HAEE5T4, works great with AC off and in N or P but stops when AC in turned on or in gear.  I can see from the logs the rpm isn't changing but MAP is increasing from 14/15 inHg to 20inHg and that's when the ghost cam stops.  I have tried looking for various TPS maps to see if theres an adder somewhere for load/AC.  Has anyone dialled this with an FG or am I using the wrong OS?  I have the professional version.

It controls idle to rpm used a closed loop airflow and spark controller. So when you turn on the AC the idle drops, this makes the airflow controller kick in and give more airflow which then increases idle back to the setpoint. You'll see that the TPS and the load increases when this happens. To make the car still chop when this happens you need to datalog the TPS and load making sure the cam timing tables have overlap at these two values.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

uF22

I have an FG Mk1 Manual N/A, code HAEDJC5. Ive got the ghost cam intermittently working after following this thread and playing around with it for a few hours, it works 1/2 the time the engine is running and cuts in and out of the ghost cam  and i cant figure out why, and when it does cut out it sounds like a misfire not normal idle. I've attached my tune if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance

Ghost cam #2.tec

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

We've got a barra converted patrol, running fg turbo motor with the ZF. For some reason after copying over the parameter file, it works perfectly for about 15 seconds, changes spark source from base to idle and after that it seems to smooth itself out and stay on idle spark source. If we give the slightest throttle opening it works perfectly again, but the second you take your foot off the accelerator, the cams no longer overlap, and the idle smooths itself out again in a few seconds. If anyone has any idea that could help, it would be much appreciated. I can post a datalog if you would like, just let me know what pids you would like to see.

Thank you!

just had a look and seems like its staying in cam_source 3. this log is me just touching the throttle and then letting off. the overlap seems to work correct when throttle is on sounds like it has a huge cam and rpm goes between 600-1000 just pretty slow compared to most of the vids on here. cheers mate

17-07-2020 11-38-00 AM Log.teclog load1 ghost cam.tec

• 3 weeks later...

Turn off LTFT when the ghost cams are enabled, this requires that your fuel injectors are dialed in within 5% with the ghost cam is disabled. Then make sure you lean it out at idle via the overlap SD adder so that it isn't pig rich. Finally I recommend setting up the camshaft timing rpm breakpoints so that at 500-600 you run -30 overlap (a reverse ghost cam). This will make the rpm kick back up if it starts to stall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fordsrule said:

Yeah, so that's what, $500 or so?

Wow

Cheaper than an xcal or ngauge. Plus you can change the tune with the engine running instead of waiting 5 minutes. 

Different boost levels, launch control and all sorts are possible. There is no other product that can do this. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Cheaper than an xcal or ngauge. Plus you can change the tune with the engine running instead of waiting 5 minutes. 

Different boost levels, launch control and all sorts are possible. There is no other product that can do this. 

Oh yes, i do see that

I just wonder if it's worth it for an NA?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

How long is a piece of string?

@Roland@pcmtec NO NEED FOR SMART ASS REPLIES , I SIMPLY ASKING WHAT YOU RECOMMEND TO START OF WITH ( ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS THEN STARNDARD ) , BUT I HAVE NAILED NOW THANKS ANYWAY NO WHERE NEAR YOUR GHOST CAM PARAM BTW. ALTHOUGH I DO UNDERSTAND ALL VEHICLES ARE DIFFERENT.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:19 PM, RACEWORX said:

HEY CAN ANYONE PLEASE CHECK OVER MY PERMANENT GHOST CAM TUNE AND TIDY UP / FIX ANYTHING YOU MAY SEE WRONG (IN ENTIRE TUNE)

You're asking for a free tune here. No please, no interaction, no punctuation, all caps and your other posts aren't much better.

1 hour ago, RACEWORX said:

NO NEED FOR SMART ASS REPLIES , I SIMPLY ASKING WHAT YOU RECOMMEND TO START OF WITH

There is an entire farken thread about it that you're posting in.

Learn some forum etiquette and it'll take you a long way buddy.

Edited by Puffwagon
Why not?
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2021 at 6:58 PM, Puffwagon said:

You're asking for a free tune here. No please, no interaction, no punctuation, all caps and your other posts aren't much better.

There is an entire farken thread about it that you're posting in.

Learn some forum etiquette and it'll take you a long way buddy.

my apologies if i came across rude i just cant seem to find any answeers or help , asking for some advice not a free tune .

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, RACEWORX said:

my apologies if i came across rude i just cant seem to find any answeers or help , asking for some advice not a free tune .

That is because there is no answer for the question you are asking. It depends how lumpy you want it and also the misfire limit with your injectors and spark plugs. Anywhere from. 28 to 34 deg of overlap is what people typically run and what was put in the howto guide. You need experiment and take videos then ask for help, eg this is what I have tried, here is a datalog and here is the problem I am experiencing. Help other people help you. 

9 hours ago, RACEWORX said:

auf0111 - vct angle

auF0114 vct max retard 

is not mentioned in the how to , what would u suggest a good start for reall choppy idle

That is because intake cam angle doesn't really make any difference. It is the overlap that matters. What is stopping you putting numbers in and testing it out?

• 2 months later...
Just now, RACEWORX said:

Hours and hours of development , but finally have mastered the host cam to my personal taste nice and choppy drives perect.

RACEWORX ENGINEERED STREET NAND STRIP CARS

Just now, RACEWORX said:

Hours and hours of development , but finally have mastered the host cam to my personal taste nice and choppy drives perect.

RACEWORX ENGINEERED STREET NAND STRIP CARS

@Roland@pcmtec @Yamonda   @Puffwagon